grahamsimmonds

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I have a Taycan MY21. I have not tried it yet but it looks like you can use it with the older versions of PCM 5.0 and 4.0 but you won't necessarily get all of the features available.

Tried it - unfortunately failed to connect at all.

Last edited:

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
I was just about to create a new thread on this… I’m surprised no one else has posted details on this app since I am actually really impressed with it. I was preparing for a track day and usually run a Racecapture/track and/or Harry’s lap timer but this app has it all.

Most importantly, steering angle, brake pressure and the other basic data traces like speed and accelerations for driver training. State of charge is really the only specific EV data but I would have also liked to see an efficiency metric too. Car vitals include gear, transmission temperature, tire pressures.

Prior to this I was doubting the usefulness of selecting Sport Chrono but this makes it worth it. It’s not just for the track but can record free drives as well, like my commute below.

Indeed, Track Precision App only works on 2022 and up Taycan with Sport Chrono.
Porsche Taycan Porsche Track Precision App now available for the Taycan 408F2859-9D7B-442D-AAF0-94519C15CA73

Porsche Taycan Porsche Track Precision App now available for the Taycan 0A411441-2907-45C0-A505-BA02564454CE

Porsche Taycan Porsche Track Precision App now available for the Taycan D1864B04-6154-45BD-8963-877FC9B18457

Peak accelerations are also labelled which is convenient.
Porsche Taycan Porsche Track Precision App now available for the Taycan F64F22C8-FFD2-4845-873A-39CCC324E1C5

Data can also be exported so looking forward to see what formatting will be needed to get that into Track Attack or Race Render or if keeping the native with video is enough.

tks79

First Name
Toni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Anyone tested will this app work with older Taycan models with the latest PCM (plus other) software updates?

LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S Gentian Blue Metallic, Black/Chalk,
Country flag
Anyone tested will this app work with older Taycan models with the latest PCM (plus other) software updates?
I have. I have a 2020 4S with the uPdate and the most recent version of Track Precision. I got to play with it just this past weekend as the local Porsche club took a tour to Barber Motorsports Park and we got to do some lower-speed parade laps of the track. I'm not expert on using the app yet but it worked great once I disabled Android Auto.

Last edited:

Loltheinternet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Rover Range Rover L405, 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have. I have a 2020 4S with the uPdate and the most recent version of Track Performance. I got to play with it just this past weekend as the local Porsche club took a tour to Barber Motorsports Park and we got to do some lower-speed parade laps of the track. I'm not expert on using the app yet but it worked great once I disabled Android Auto.
Nice! What did you use to mount your phone?

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Bet the Police will love to look through that! ;)

LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S Gentian Blue Metallic, Black/Chalk,
Country flag
Nice! What did you use to mount your phone?
I had a old suction cup mount I used on the windshield. It's an iOttie "easy Flex 3" and looks like this:
Porsche Taycan Porsche Track Precision App now available for the Taycan 5641025_sd[1]

I'm not sure if this particular mount is still for sale, but any articulated windshield mount should work.

tks79

First Name
Toni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Interesting, thanks for the info!

I just read that you can also use this app on normal roadtrips and then see all the info. I've software update booked with local dealer for next month, then I've to try this!

I have. I have a 2020 4S with the uPdate and the most recent version of Track Precision. I got to play with it just this past weekend as the local Porsche club took a tour to Barber Motorsports Park and we got to do some lower-speed parade laps of the track. I'm not expert on using the app yet but it worked great once I disabled Android Auto.