First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Taycan 4s
Country flag
Hi guys,

I was wondering if I should be buying the “Porsche vip care package”. The dealership will promote us with these care packages and it includes:

- loaner for services (which I think they should already offer no matter if you buy or not)
- wheel protection on nails or curbed rims (I’m a planning on getting summer and winter tires, so it may be useless)
- roughly an inch dent/paint protection. Good for door dings.
- 4 times spa and detail service. (Which is good to have especially after winter, but I’m planning to get gyeon coating)
- key/remote lost replacement
- windshield cracks and window replacement

and a couple other small things.
The cost is roughly $4500 for 3 years package.

I bought the vip package for my macan, but I have been taken good care of the car.

do you guys think it’s worth it or save the money and put it to the new wheels and other 3rd party protection.

I’m just thinking it’s one of those if you buy it, nothing will happen, but if you don’t you will get all these minor damages. Like Murphy’s law?

Advice please.
Sponsored

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I’ll answer for my market (Ireland), Canada may be different.

Loaner: Dealer would do this anyway.
Wheels: Check limits on individual claims, often they are surprisingly low and wont cover many repairs.
Paint: they’ll have many exclusions to avoid real-world repairs and only the cheapest repairs will be covered.
Keys: covered by vehicle insurance as standard on every policy; claims don’t impact renewals or get recorded.
Glass: covered by vehicle insurance as standard on every policy; claims don‘t impact renewals or get recorded.

in my market, I prefer to get good car insurance cover and cover dings and scrapes myself.