TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
With all the talk about how confounding the touch screens are, I am wondering if folks are making use of the voice commands, and if its helpful? What are your most used voice commands?
Sponsored

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
My main use for it is to add waypoints/stopovers while driving an existing navigation route. 9 times out of 10 I find it works very well for this purpose.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I always am running carplay so siri overrides the taycan's system
When using carplay, long press on the "voice" button sends the commands to siri, short press on the same button sends the commands to the Porsche PCM service.

OP
OP

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
When using carplay, long press on the "voice" button sends the commands to siri, short press on the same button sends the commands to the Porsche PCM service.
This is interesting and very useful info. Thanks.

RBGtaycan

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV6; Taycan RWD....Past: 356, Cayman S
Country flag
This is interesting and very useful info. Thanks.
I don't find a need for buttons. If carplay is running it responds to hey Siri...and, at the same time, I can also say Hey Porsche and get the Taycan to do (non-navigation) things...try it!

OP
OP

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don't find a need for buttons. If carplay is running it responds to hey Siri...and, at the same time, I can also say Hey Porsche and get the Taycan to do (non-navigation) things...try it!
Trust me, as soon as I get my bad baby I will give it a shot! Slated for mid November delivery...praying it stays that way! Thanks!

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Speaking of this, when you use Hey Siri with Carplay, does anyone know if it's the car mics picking up the command or your phone? I suppose I could test it easily enough, but usually I put my phone in one of the cupholders so it's not clear which device is receiving the command. I also find the voice recognition to be really bad sometimes.

JD4S

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My only voice command is around adjusting the AC and fan levels. I swear I read something to the affect of ‘Porsche, increase ventilation one level’ and it increased the fan speed. I haven’t been able to replicate it and it’s the one thing that drives me crazy. I hate constantly touching the screen to adjust the fan level. I live in FL so it’s hot as hell getting in the car and then you are constantly adjusting after. I do use the remote climate activation but again, have to adjust the fan/temp up and down during trips.

OP
OP

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My only voice command is around adjusting the AC and fan levels. I swear I read something to the affect of ‘Porsche, increase ventilation one level’ and it increased the fan speed. I haven’t been able to replicate it and it’s the one thing that drives me crazy. I hate constantly touching the screen to adjust the fan level. I live in FL so it’s hot as hell getting in the car and then you are constantly adjusting after. I do use the remote climate activation but again, have to adjust the fan/temp up and down during trips.
This is a command I was particularly curious about. Thx!

JD4S

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
This is a command I was particularly curious about. Thx!
I thought I saw it in the ‘good to know app ‘ and I went out and tested it out so I know it works. But then I didn’t drive for a few days and I forgot the exact word sequence. 1 - it might be my accent (Alexa has the same issue); 2- I couldn’t find it in the GTK app so maybe it was there where I read it and 3 - I did manage to say ‘increase fan speed to 4 and it worked once. But when I tried to have it reduce to 2, it didn’t. I also am curious if someone has figured out this command. Thanks.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
doesn’t Porsche voice starts with “hey porsche?