Porsche Wall Charger Connect 19.2kw

a3po911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, VW ID.4
Country flag
I am looking for buy a Porsche Wall Charger Connect 19.2kw, but Porsche online shop says not in stock, I found parts number from installation manual, which is 9J1.068.209, then I called local dealer to see if they can order one base on this parts number, however, they just told me this parts number can't be found in their system.

https://shop.porsche.com/us/en/porsche-wall-charger-connect/p/$B-HCHH0LAA/#more-product-details

I will appreciate if anyone here would share the parts number printed on the actual unit, and advise where I can order one. Thx
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
sales of the PWCC are currently on hold pending "some improvements"

I'd recommend pursuing a non-Porsche EVSE (charger) - you'll save money and end up with a higher quality product.

porsche makes great cars, but they need to improve their EVSE game - there are lots of great alternatives.

OP
OP

a3po911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, VW ID.4
Country flag
sales of the PWCC are currently on hold pending "some improvements"

I'd recommend pursuing a non-Porsche EVSE (charger) - you'll save money and end up with a higher quality product.

porsche makes great cars, but they need to improve their EVSE game - there are lots of great alternatives.
This unit is made by Katek-eSystem, a Germany technology company, not Porsche, comparing other 100A EV chargr in US market, this is the only one has great rate of quantity and cost.

On US market, only few options for 80A J1772 charger. I won't buy any ClipperCreek charger, it's "Irredeemably ugly" , most other options even has higher MSRP then Porsche's.

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/best-19-2kw-80a-evse.12103/

As a Porsche branded charger, the MSRP is only for $1586, even the Ford charging station is sell for $1323 , but it doesn't come with a LCD screen to display charging data. I can't find any reason to choose other products in the market.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
This unit is made by Katek-eSystem, a Germany technology company, not Porsche, comparing other 100A EV chargr in US market, this is the only one has great rate of quantity and cost.

On US market, only few options for 80A J1772 charger. I won't buy any ClipperCreek charger, it's "Irredeemably ugly" , most other options even has higher MSRP then Porsche's.

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/best-19-2kw-80a-evse.12103/

As a Porsche branded charger, the MSRP is only for $1586, even the Ford charging station is sell for $1323 , but it doesn't come with a LCD screen to display charging data. I can't find any reason to choose other products in the market.
good luck.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I can't find any reason to choose other products in the market.
One possible reason to choose another product would be after-sales customer support. Many EVSE brands do provide that. When I got my Pulsar WallBox (company based in Spain but has US-accessible support), I had some questions about firmware and operation. Customer support was good.

Should you need support, I doubt you will get it from Katek-eSystem, since the item has Porsche brand. Porsche dealers are not versed in EVSE support. PorscheNA customer service (1800Porsche) is very poor for the half-dozen non-emergency service items I have contacted them about.

With regard to your comment about the unit your are considering not being manufactured by Porsche, the PMCC and PMC+ are not manufactured by Porsche, either.
Sponsored