Porsche Wall Charger Connect Error

porscheguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 TTS CT
Country flag
Hey guys…

New car has landed in San Diego and should be on its way to me next week! I’ve already installed the latest generation Porsche Wall Charger Connect (19.2 kW) in anticipation. I’ve actually installed it at two houses. One is setup without any issue and I’ve linked it to my Porsche ID. However, when installing at the second house, it displayed a “server or root certificate has expired or is invalid” error (see pic). I’ve tried everything: rebooted as suggested, factory reset, cut power to unit, and it says the latest software is installed. I can successfully connect to WiFi, but, I guess because of this certificate error, cannot “communicate” over WiFi to do stuff like link Porsche ID. Just curious if anyone else has had this issue? It does of course say I could ask a “qualified service partner,” but thought I’d have more luck here. Ha. Otherwise I’ll ask my SA when picking up the car. Thanks!

Porsche Taycan Porsche Wall Charger Connect Error 7B437D48-B9B2-49C0-8A7A-E29D1DC250D6
Sponsored

ElectricSlide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Did you ever solve this? Anyone else had this issue and solved it with a wall charger?
Just installed my wall charger and I am having the exact same issue. I tried factory reset. I tried the power button for 10 seconds (soft reset), I tried linking the Porsche ID from the web browser. None of it works. Part of me doesn’t know whether it is worth all the hassle to fix it (what am I really missing?). But I feel like it is a function of the charger and I very much dislike things that aren’t 100% functional.

And yes this is my first post. I did join purely to find out about this thread and the solution (if there is one). Thank you for any and all help…

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Did you set up a secondary ID e.g. for your other key - if not you could create a secondary Porsche Connect ID and then use that to link your EVSE rather than use your primary.

Just a guess but maybe worth a shot

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
Is your time zone/date and time set correctly?

ElectricSlide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I’ll double check the date/ time, but I believe so. Issue isn’t the Porsche ID. Issue is that the wall charger won’t even give me the option to pair (no QR code, won’t let me do it via web either). Think I need someway to reset the software of the charger. Don’t really want to deal with returning it now that it is hardwired in… which is why I am hoping there is a solution of some sort.

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
If cert itself valid, sometimes the issue is the date time on an end point is outside the issue/expiry date of the cert and therefore marked incorrectly is invalid. easiest thing to typically check first :)

OP
OP
porscheguy

porscheguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 TTS CT
Country flag
Did you ever solve this? Anyone else had this issue and solved it with a wall charger?
Just installed my wall charger and I am having the exact same issue. I tried factory reset. I tried the power button for 10 seconds (soft reset), I tried linking the Porsche ID from the web browser. None of it works. Part of me doesn’t know whether it is worth all the hassle to fix it (what am I really missing?). But I feel like it is a function of the charger and I very much dislike things that aren’t 100% functional.

And yes this is my first post. I did join purely to find out about this thread and the solution (if there is one). Thank you for any and all help…
First, welcome to the forum! Unfortunately, I’ve not found a solution for this error message. I also asked my local dealership and they checked with their Taycan tech but hadn’t seen that error and didn’t know how to help. However, despite the error, it charges my car without any issue. So I’m not sure it’s worth dissembling and returning due to a silly error message that goes away every time you click ok.

ElectricSlide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
-Alright so I checked the units time/ date and it is set by the network (and is correct), so that is not it
-I tried disabling the wifi and only using it as a hotspot, but cant actually link any porsche IDs in that setup, so that is not it
-Sadly I have now called Porsche customer service and am on with them and they are starting a ticket (although I might have more faith in the collective knowledge of people on this forum)

will cross my fingers, but am also sadly realistic in expectations

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Is your time zone/date and time set correctly?
Yes it always has been however the timestamps and graphs are 8 hrs adrift. Still not tried following the recent update but can't imagine it will be any different.

spicyypenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ordered)
Country flag
Did you find a fix for this?

I just installed my PWCC and am also running into this issue.

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Did you find a fix for this?

I just installed my PWCC and am also running into this issue.
This is what worked for me:

Use the software update service select the Porsche Wall Charger Connect and enter your serial number.

Porsche Taycan Porsche Wall Charger Connect Error 1654211640142

If there is a software update, download it to a computer. Make sure the Porsche Wall Charger Connect is connected to your local network. Then from a browser on the computer where you downloaded the software navigate to Settings->Service:
Porsche Taycan Porsche Wall Charger Connect Error 1654211992498

In the Software update section select the "Perform software update", browse to the file you downloaded, update the charger and let it restart.

This is what I did to fix the same error.

P.S. While you are at it I'd recommend changing the password to something you'll remember.
P.S.S. Hopefully, now that my charger can connect to the internet future updates will happen automatically.

Last edited:

spicyypenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ordered)
Country flag
Yes! Thanks for the detailed instructions, that fixed it for me!

In case anyone runs into this issue in the future, I wasn't able to log in to the PWCC via the generated IP address even though it was connected to my Wi-Fi network. I manage to get into the screen gnop1950 posted by setting the PWCC into hotspot mode, connecting to the hotspot Wi-Fi (SSID: PWCC-0000XXX), and logging in from the static IP address (192.168.0.1)

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Yes! Thanks for the detailed instructions, that fixed it for me!

In case anyone runs into this issue in the future, I wasn't able to log in to the PWCC via the generated IP address even though it was connected to my Wi-Fi network. I manage to get into the screen gnop1950 posted by setting the PWCC into hotspot mode, connecting to the hotspot Wi-Fi (SSID: PWCC-0000XXX), and logging in from the static IP address (192.168.0.1)
The connection issue is simply due to the certificate being declared as unsafe by whatever browser you are using.

This is easy to bypass / resolve and avoids the hotspot method.

The options / method will vary depending on browser used but if Chrome then simply click past the warnings and proceed to the unsafe site and then login when the home page is displayed.

Updates are few and far between - 2 since Nov'20. The most recent cured my timezone offset.

ElectricSlide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
So amusingly....
I talked to porsche service via phone and at the dealership and they had no idea. I exchanged phone calls w/ them and various tech people and none of it helped. There were e-mails back and forth about it untl they declared that everything on their end was fine and they didnt know why I could not link my porsche ID. I gave up and figured I would come back around to it in the future.

The fix above worked for me when I tried it this afternoon. I assumed the wall charger was up to date as it linked to the internet and I had updated it from the wall charger when I first installed it several months ago and set it to automatically update. I did not even think to check on the computer for updates as assumed the wall charger was doing what it should be..... apparently I was very incorrect....

I doubt this really adds any functionality, but I am now happy that it is working fully as it should. Thank you for the help (and I knew I should have more faith in this forum than porsche support)

Last edited:

Techwizard100

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Had a call with one 800 Porsche today. Finally got somebody who was really sharp and was able to log into their “solid system”. Yep that’s the name of it solid. To look up my Porsche Charger Connect serial number to find my default password for the web interface that was supposed to be on a piece of paper that came with the charger but wasn’t. So if you lose your password to the web interface you can call them and they can look up look it up for you. There’s also a customer service login option that can get you out of a jam too.

New software loaded nice and easy. Good not to have that silly server not found error every time I turn on the charger.
Sponsored