gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I purchased the Porsche Wall Charger Connect and will be having it installed in preparation for the delivery of my Taycan 4s. I still have some time to modify my order. Is there any specific package I'll need to get the full 19.2kw charging rate?
Sponsored

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
I purchased the Porsche Wall Charger Connect and will be having it installed in preparation for the delivery of my Taycan 4s. I still have some time to modify my order. Is there any specific package I'll need to get the full 19.2kw charging rate?
On the car itself, the one and only thing you need is the 19.2kW Charger option.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
+1 for @satchurator 100% accurate & complete comment - you need the 19.2 kWh option

the porsche wall charger appears to be an excellent product - price, features are on-par with competition and it’s good choice

all in you’re going to be at about $3600 cost to get a 19.2 kW “setup” - which will charge the Taycan super fast so good good good…

now the _ONE_ thing remaining will be:

You need to be able to have a 100 amp 240V circuit breaker/circuit added to you home to fully take advantage of the 19.2 kW charge rate…

before spending $3600 - do you know that you will be able to add a 100 amp circuit - in some cases in the US 100 amp circuit are for the _ENTIRE_ home - so this is a big deal.

because if you‘re home can handle say - only a 40 amp breaker - well then the 19.2 kW charger will see VERY VERY low usage when away from home cause 100 amp L2 AC chargers are a _RARE RARE_ bird in the wild - and _IF_ you do find a 100 amp charger - it will most likely be a Tesla Destination Charger (not a J-1772) so you’ll need the 80 amp TeslaTap

basically my simply advise is: don’t by the 19.2 kW charger to be able to charge faster while away from home, if you want it get it, but really the only place you’ll use it is _IF_ you home setup is 100 amps
Sponsored