Porsche Wall Charger Connect

yun124

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai ioniq5, Kia niro phev, etc.
Country flag
I installed a Porsche Wall Charger Connect. Works great on my Taycan Turbo S. I just got a BMW iX and have tried everything to get the PWCC to charge it. I get error messages on the BMW. I set the PWCC output to 48 amp, which should be the max. No go. Tried 20 amp. No go. Tried my Porsche Mobile Charger into a lowly 110v. Also, wouldn't work. Anyone else get the Porsche chargers to work on non-Porsche cars? I tried on my Tesla X when I had that, and it wouldn't work on that car either.

Something really strange and quirky about the Porsche chargers. Don't understand why they won't work on other cars...
Hello, I've PMCC which is not compatible for several non-Porsche vehicles, but in this way I did all okay for charging non-Porsches using PMCC as well.

In short, Disable/Inactive PLC-CONNECTION-TO-VEHICLE feature.
Hope it's working well for your case.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hello, I've PMCC which is not compatible for several non-Porsche vehicles, but in this way I did all okay for charging non-Porsches using PMCC as well.

In short, Disable/Inactive PLC-CONNECTION-TO-VEHICLE feature.
Hope it's working well for your case.
This feature (Power Line Connection) should have been disabled on all PMCC / PWCC units in any case as in the early days it was one of the contributors to 12V battery drain and took a software patch on the car to address.