madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
that is news to me, does the new app allow for the free 30 minutes of charging?
because of the piss poor performance of porsche software I am reluctant to try the new app
I have not tried it yet so cannot confirm but I can search for and select chargers and get to the “start charging” screen where I would select a particular EVSE ID from the ones at the station on the app. It shows the same picture of the station that the Charging NA app show too.

If you click “Account” and then “Charging Service” it does display the accurate subscription and expiration date. As that is what gives the free 30 minutes of charging it “should” work but like I said I haven’t had a chance to try it yet. I have all the apps on my phone now and am happy to beta test the new app as long as the old app continues to work in conjunction (which it seems to). It still needs work though to incorporate everything you can get from the Connect app plus the Charging NA app (not to mention the My Porsche website).
Sponsored

carboard123

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s 1972 911T Targa
Country flag
I have not tried it yet so cannot confirm but I can search for and select chargers and get to the “start charging” screen where I would select a particular EVSE ID from the ones at the station on the app. It shows the same picture of the station that the Charging NA app show too.

If you click “Account” and then “Charging Service” it does display the accurate subscription and expiration date. As that is what gives the free 30 minutes of charging it “should” work but like I said I haven’t had a chance to try it yet. I have all the apps on my phone now and am happy to beta test the new app as long as the old app continues to work in conjunction (which it seems to). It still needs work though to incorporate everything you can get from the Connect app plus the Charging NA app (not to mention the My Porsche website).
I tried it today at an EA station where plug and charge did not work (for some unknown reason). The new myporsche ap started up the free charging station smoothly and with no issues. Charge session shows up in the charging history with all the key details.

OP
OP

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
No mention of the Porsche Charging NA app. What happens to that function? Charging NA app still needed?
Email, today, January 13, from Porsche NA subject: "Discover the new My Porsche App" states:

"The new My Porsche App bundles the functions of several apps you may have been using including Porsche Connect, Porsche Car Connect, My Porsche Essentials, and Charging NA) in one single app. Starting today, you can stop using these apps since everything you need is in one app: the My Porsche App.​
In the coming months, additional apps and services will be integrated into the My Porsche App, providing you a seamless experience."​

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
that is news to me, does the new app allow for the free 30 minutes of charging?
because of the piss poor performance of porsche software I am reluctant to try the new app
Have used it today and twice in last week and works perfectly - sessions recorded also in transactions on app.

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I hope its a sign that they have programmatically fixed the MY2020 plug and charge issues. I just played with the new wrapper, and it doesn't intuitively show an area to initiate a charge session.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
Actually with the newest update to the My Porsche app from earlier this week you no longer need to use the Charging NA app if you don’t want to. All of the main features of the Charging NA app are now incorporated into My Porsche as far as I can tell. You can search for charging stations on the Porsche Charging service, view availability and charging speeds and initiate a charge and view charging history. Of course you can also still use Charging NA but I believe the intent is to retire it at some point when the new My Porsche app becomes fully functional and has wider adoption.
In the promotional e-mail which I received today from Porsche, it is indeed suggested that the Charging NA app will be rolled into the new My Porsche app as well:

Porsche Taycan Porsche will combine all vehicle apps into one: My Porsche App 1642123187989

Porsche Taycan Porsche will combine all vehicle apps into one: My Porsche App 1642123045248

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just downloaded the new app and it does say charging can be activated via app. Haven't had an opportunity to try it out it.

Widget for Android now also available
Porsche Taycan Porsche will combine all vehicle apps into one: My Porsche App Screenshot (Jan. 13, 2022 18:51:53)

wurzitup

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
I have an alarm set to 120km/h in case I should floor it or someone else borrowing my Taycan should do that.
Seriously, it is not okey to drive faster than the speed limit on public roads. And the fastest you're allowed to drive in Norway is 110km/h.
I can't tell if you're serious or not LOL

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag

just after making my comments I received an email from porsche about this, it claims that it replaces the charging NA app, I'll have to install and try it

Download the new My Porsche App. Your digital companion.
Dear Mr.
To make it even easier for you to enter the digital world surrounding your Porsche vehicle, we would like to introduce the new My Porsche App.

The My Porsche App is the digital interface to your Porsche. Unlock the full potential of your Porsche experience. Check your vehicle status, control your Porsche remotely, synchronize destinations, and book service appointments, simply by clicking on just one app.
Porsche Taycan Porsche will combine all vehicle apps into one: My Porsche App 11217_PAG_MyPorsche_App_Animation_640x250_merged-4
The new My Porsche App bundles the functions of several apps you may have been using including Porsche Connect, Porsche Car Connect, My Porsche Essentials, and Charging NA) in one single app. Starting today, you can stop using these apps since everything you need is in one app: the My Porsche App.

In the coming months, additional apps and services will be integrated into the My Porsche App, providing you a seamless experience.

Discover the new My Porsche app now and download it from the Apple® App Store® or Google Play® Store. After downloading the app, just log in with your existing Porsche ID or create a free Porsche ID account and start using the new My Porsche App today.

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
For those of you that have ONLY the My Porsche app installed (and NOT the Connect app along with it), can you tell me what options/features are in the section of the app under PCM Services?

I am still using the Connect app, mostly because I like to adjust the temperature in the pre-heat/cool section, which I understand is not yet available in the My Porsche app, and because I find it annoying when the My Porsche app says there is a charging error merely because it is in waiting mode due to an active departure timer. I have been using the new My Porsche app though as well to try and get used to it but I cannot connect to the PCM Services section since the Connect app is still installed (see below). What services am I missing there? What else can you do in that section? TIA!!
Porsche Taycan Porsche will combine all vehicle apps into one: My Porsche App 70839FDD-F2EF-4AC4-A7F0-3A3BF7A5F45E

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
For those of you that have ONLY the My Porsche app installed (and NOT the Connect app along with it), can you tell me what options/features are in the section of the app under PCM Services?

I am still using the Connect app, mostly because I like to adjust the temperature in the pre-heat/cool section, which I understand is not yet available in the My Porsche app, and because I find it annoying when the My Porsche app says there is a charging error merely because it is in waiting mode due to an active departure timer. I have been using the new My Porsche app though as well to try and get used to it but I cannot connect to the PCM Services section since the Connect app is still installed (see below). What services am I missing there? What else can you do in that section? TIA!!
Screenshots of what I have in there:

Porsche Taycan Porsche will combine all vehicle apps into one: My Porsche App IMG_4828.PNG

Porsche Taycan Porsche will combine all vehicle apps into one: My Porsche App IMG_4829.PNG

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
Screenshots of what I have in there:

IMG_4828.PNG

IMG_4829.PNG
Thanks. I see that screen (see below, although I don’t have the “Manual tab”). But what is in that PCM Services section (under alarms)? That’s what I can’t access with Connect app installed.
Porsche Taycan Porsche will combine all vehicle apps into one: My Porsche App 2B4F45B4-6B7E-4DF2-8FBD-3DE30E85F2A8

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks. I see that screen (see below, although I don’t have the “Manual tab”). But what is in that PCM Services section (under alarms)? That’s what I can’t access with Connect app installed.
Ah - apologies misunderstood - I just have my iPhone calendar app attached here nothing else as yet:

Clicking on PCM services gives this for me:

Porsche Taycan Porsche will combine all vehicle apps into one: My Porsche App IMG_4830.PNG

Clicking on the Calendar icon get you to this:

Porsche Taycan Porsche will combine all vehicle apps into one: My Porsche App IMG_4831.PNG

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
Ah - apologies misunderstood - I just have my iPhone calendar app attached here nothing else as yet:

Clicking on PCM services gives this for me:

IMG_4830.PNG

Clicking on the Calendar icon get you to this:

IMG_4831.PNG
Great. Thanks!

ukleinschmidt

First Name
Uwe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
You can search for charging stations on the Porsche Charging service, view availability and charging speeds and initiate a charge and view charging history.
How do you initiate the charging in the new app?
Sponsored