DL_AU

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (previously 911 Carrera T)
Country flag
This may be a good thing. However, the Infographic suggests that is it a 'wrap' of existing apps rather than a genuine integrated app. The Wiki function will provide a simple test of this: Will it simply replicate the Good To Know app, or will it be tailored to each vehicle - showing only the stuff that is relevant given the options that my vehicle has and the country that I live in?

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
"If the vehicle unexpectedly moves or drives faster than the applicable speed limit, the app alerts the user with a push notification."

So your phone starts beeping just when you're giving it the beans. What could possibly go wrong!

Olav

First Name
Olav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
"If the vehicle unexpectedly moves or drives faster than the applicable speed limit, the app alerts the user with a push notification."

So your phone starts beeping just when you're giving it the beans. What could possibly go wrong!
I have an alarm set to 120km/h in case I should floor it or someone else borrowing my Taycan should do that.
Seriously, it is not okey to drive faster than the speed limit on public roads. And the fastest you're allowed to drive in Norway is 110km/h.

jontybutts

First Name
Jonty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eletre R, Taycan
Country flag
I have an alarm set to 120km/h in case I should floor it or someone else borrowing my Taycan should do that.
Seriously, it is not okey to drive faster than the speed limit on public roads. And the fastest you're allowed to drive in Norway is 110km/h.
If you’re that adamant about exceeding speed limits, why not set the alarm to 109 km/h then?

Wrtflyr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I downloaded the My Porsche app from apple and it connected to my Taycan quickly. It seems like a better platform for all the information about my car, but time will tell. I’m still keeping my old apps for now.

OP
OP

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
No mention of the Porsche Charging NA app. What happens to that function? Charging NA app still needed?

Wrtflyr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
You can find EA charging stations on the map function by hitting the charging icon. But for now I’m keeping all my charging apps for a back up and to locate non EA charging options.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
No mention of the Porsche Charging NA app. What happens to that function? Charging NA app still needed?
yes, it is still needed for charging. these are two separate apps

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
yes, it is still needed for charging. these are two separate apps
Actually with the newest update to the My Porsche app from earlier this week you no longer need to use the Charging NA app if you don’t want to. All of the main features of the Charging NA app are now incorporated into My Porsche as far as I can tell. You can search for charging stations on the Porsche Charging service, view availability and charging speeds and initiate a charge and view charging history. Of course you can also still use Charging NA but I believe the intent is to retire it at some point when the new My Porsche app becomes fully functional and has wider adoption.

pshrosbree

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan Cross Turismo 4 (Y1BBD1)
Country flag
What version will these features be in? The current version is 2.0.0 from 2022/01/11. If this is a big change as the press release indicates I would imagine it would be in a 3.x release. Since 2.x is only two days old I can't imagine these changes will be coming soon. Of course, 2.x could have been a big internal change that facilitates these updates, and the features they mention are only minor releases. It would be nice to know these sorts of details as they would be useful, rather than a vague indication that something is likely to happen at an unspecified future date.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Actually with the newest update to the My Porsche app from earlier this week you no longer need to use the Charging NA app if you don’t want to. All of the main features of the Charging NA app are now incorporated into My Porsche as far as I can tell. You can search for charging stations on the Porsche Charging service, view availability and charging speeds and initiate a charge and view charging history. Of course you can also still use Charging NA but I believe the intent is to retire it at some point when the new My Porsche app becomes fully functional and has wider adoption.
that is news to me, does the new app allow for the free 30 minutes of charging?
because of the piss poor performance of porsche software I am reluctant to try the new app
Sponsored