Porsche's Atlanta Experience Center reopens — find out what's changed as we compare Taycan Turbo, 911 Turbo - PCA

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Porsche Club of America article on opened Experience Center.

Porsche's Atlanta Experience Center reopens — find out what's changed as we compare Taycan Turbo, 911 Turbo
https://www.pca.org/news/2020-05-26...ter-reopens-find-out-whats-changed-we-compare

First let’s get the official specifications out of the way. 911 Turbo: 3,516 pounds, 540 horsepower, 0-60 miles per hour in 2.9 seconds. Taycan Turbo: 5,132 pounds, 616 horsepower (or 670 hp strictly during launch control), 0-60 mph in 3.0 seconds. But I’m not one to care much about the specs; as you can see, despite these cars’ vast differences, their on-paper performances are pretty close. I’m much more of a feel fanatic — trust me: the Taycan's 1,620-pound-heavier weight is not an issue when tossed around a track!
Sponsored

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Now how to get there without an airplane and get spousal approval ....

OP
OP
ron_b

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Now how to get there without an airplane and get spousal approval ....
I see you're in California Charlie and the choice would be the Porsche Experience Center in Los Angeles.

I just checked the website and good news: :D
The Porsche Experience Center Los Angeles is planning to reopen on June 5, 2020. Please visit our Health and Safety page for information about changes to our Facility and Drive Programs.
I am planning my delivery there as well but sadly it is not until November. :crying:

PECLA page https://www.porschedriving.com/los-angeles/

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I see you're in California Charlie and the choice would be the Porsche Experience Center in Los Angeles.

I just checked the website and good news: :D

I am planning my delivery there as well but sadly it is not until November. :crying:

PECLA page https://www.porschedriving.com/los-angeles/
yup. I’ve enjoyed PEC LA and noticed they’re opening too with taycan sessions. Unfortunately they’re far enough away that it can’t be a day trip without an airplane. Decisions decisions...

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
How about new car deliveries to PEC?

OP
OP
ron_b

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
How about new car deliveries to PEC?
I assume that will not be a problem starting in July for sure. I did select PECLA delivery in my configuration and have heard no issues. Though it is quite a ways out yet, November delivery.

It's a $500 option in the USA for the Taycan and you get track time plus the special delivery presentation and a meal.
Sponsored