neilp1

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S with Mission E Wheels and PCCB breaks
Country flag
Hi All - I wrapped my car and when it came back it had 3 alerts which need to be reset as the mirrors, doors and tires were removed to do the wrap and ceramic.
Porsche is charging me $186 for this visit. Do you guys think this is fair? Any options to have this reset on my own?
The 3 are:
Porsche Taycan Porshe service center charging to reset alerts / brand new MY2021 taycan system errors

Thanks!
Sponsored

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
Hi All - I wrapped my car and when it came back it had 3 alerts which need to be reset as the mirrors, doors and tires were removed to do the wrap and ceramic.
Porsche is charging me $186 for this visit. Do you guys think this is fair? Any options to have this reset on my own?
The 3 are:
taycan system errors.jpeg

Thanks!
Just wondering why the doors and mirrors were taken off to wrap the car? Not sure why they would need to be taken off. Not even sure why the tires would need to come off but seems more reasonable.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes, it is reasonable. It was caused by something someone else did to the car.

It is not just resetting an alert, it is re-programming mirrors to sync with the car so can do the lane change assist (or something like that).

I had the same issue and the company that did the wrap paid for this since I assume there is a right way and wrong way to take off the mirrors to do the wrap.

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
I don't know about the other two but the tire change reset is completely UNreasonable. There is another thread about that, and some people didn't need to do anything when changing tires/wheels and others claimed they needed the dealer to do it at exorbitant rates. That is definitely not something that should require going to a dealer.

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
Yes, it is reasonable. It was caused by something someone else did to the car.

It is not just resetting an alert, it is re-programming mirrors to sync with the car so can do the lane change assist (or something like that).

I had the same issue and the company that did the wrap paid for this since I assume there is a right way and wrong way to take off the mirrors to do the wrap.
I've had this issue with other cars. You need to disconnect the 12V before performing any of the work, and only reconnect the 12V once everything is back in place.

OP
OP

neilp1

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S with Mission E Wheels and PCCB breaks
Country flag
I've had this issue with other cars. You need to disconnect the 12V before performing any of the work, and only reconnect the 12V once everything is back in place.
got it, thanks man!
Sponsored