PORSHE TAYCAN TURBO missing electric steering wheel due to parts shortage? Really?

Rob P

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Totally agree on that. This chip shortage will be more time from now on because it’s going to be cheaper for the manufacturer. 1€/car isn’t much but when multiplying…
I have asked Porsche multiple times for information about timing for resolution, and all I get is polite platitudes with absolutely no real information. The company is currently choosing to prioritize new car sales over completion of existing and deficient purchase contracts. Potential new customers need to understand that this is Porsche culture and practice. It is nothing at all like Porsche marketing and hype. Good companies provide plans for resolution of deficiencies and offer compensation for unfulfilled purchase contracts. This is probably heading for a series of lemon law suits and/or class actions, which could be avoided if Porsche communicated more effectively.
Sponsored

Dr.M.

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s Cross Turismo, 911 4S cabrio
Country flag
Florida dealer told me they are shipping cars with the manual steering adjustment and once the chip shortage problem goes away and they get the powered steering column, they will retrofit it at the dealer at not cost to you.
Correct, same here in the Netherlands

Rob P

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Has anyone been paid by Porsche as promised to resolve this? I took delivery of my 4S in August 2021, and still nothing from the company. Have tried to reach them for an update, with no response.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
This is where they told me via email and phone to check:

https://electricsteeringcolumnoptionreimbursement.com/

Also says they will be paying from June till the end of 2022.

I had a Cayenne loaner that had the power column and would rather have that than the $1k (where before I did not really care).
Sponsored