PORSHE TAYCAN TURBO missing electric steering wheel due to parts shortage? Really?

DGT

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Targa 4S, '21 Cayenne S, '21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I've sent an email, let's see what they say. the problem is that they will likely come back with either "we don't know" (nevermind that they probably took 0 steps to find out) or "it's all OK to our knowledge" (again, probably with 0 steps undertaken).

One shouldn't have to be golf buddies to get decent service. I'm not asking them to go an extra mile - just asking for honesty.
No doubt - I agree with that. Just mentioned it to stress the point about the invoice. If a delivery comes across as someone trying to hide something, that's on the dealership and their incompetence - not Porsche trying to deceive. Porsche's failure is with their communication - either to the dealership or directly to the customer. But that's nothing new.
Sponsored

Yorkshirepuds

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Harley Heritage, Triumph Rocket 3
Country flag
Just to add another one to the collection... I collected my CT4S at the weekend (18 way seats) and, like everyone else, it is missing the electric steering adjustment. The dealer assures me that it will be retrofitted as soon as parts are available and that it is not a major job. I'm reassured that they are taking it seriously and will put it all right as soon as possible.

Also missing were the spare key and the manual pack (service book etc)... both will follow ASAP. I can manage without those, at least all the critical stuff like wheels are on it!

RecoveringGT3Addict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Country flag
Just to add another one to the collection... I collected my CT4S at the weekend (18 way seats) and, like everyone else, it is missing the electric steering adjustment. The dealer assures me that it will be retrofitted as soon as parts are available and that it is not a major job. I'm reassured that they are taking it seriously and will put it all right as soon as possible.

Also missing were the spare key and the manual pack (service book etc)... both will follow ASAP. I can manage without those, at least all the critical stuff like wheels are on it!
Did they at least give you some sort or Due Bill or the like to prove there's still stuff they owe you?

Yorkshirepuds

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Harley Heritage, Triumph Rocket 3
Country flag
Did they at least give you some sort or Due Bill or the like to prove there's still stuff they owe you?
No... I haven't asked and I have every confidence in them (based on several decades and many purchases as a satisfied customer with this particular group of dealerships).

Jgint

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Country flag
Anyone go through this who can share what they are asking for or what they were able to get from Porsche for this inconvenience?

I am not looking for hand outs but if they are doing this much work to the car I am concerned to not at least get some extra warranty? Maybe I am too concerned?

Thanks for input

DGT

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Anyone go through this who can share what they are asking for or what they were able to get from Porsche for this inconvenience?

I am not looking for hand outs but if they are doing this much work to the car I am concerned to not at least get some extra warranty? Maybe I am too concerned?

Thanks for input
Yes, I'd say you're too concerned. It's not a big "fix" for the steering column and your alternative is to wait several months before you get your car. What's your preference?

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T M3P 2019, Taycan GTS 2022, i4 40 MS 2024
Country flag
No... I haven't asked and I have every confidence in them (based on several decades and many purchases as a satisfied customer with this particular group of dealerships).
Not for documentation but compensation: If they are as good as you say the minimum to offer you something to compensate. Maybe not a big thing: Taycan T-Shirt, model car in the color of yours, second key in the color of your car, invitation for track day... anything. This is not about money but customer care. They ar not care about you, just using your confidence for free. If you buy a 10 dollar pizza without a topping that missing due to the supplier you may expect something. Why not when you buy a product USD100k+? It is not correct. you miss so many items. To be clear: it is not on you but your dealer that is covered by your maximum trust.

Reactions: B61

Zetta

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Panamera Sport Turismo
Country flag
Buying a Porsche is a emotional thing, everyone of us knows..

It would be interesting to know what parts, which are not obviously visible to the customer, are also missing inside the vehicle and then quietly and quietly installed in the course of service work.

the pizza comparison is sensational ?

DGT

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Buying a Porsche is a emotional thing, everyone of us knows..

It would be interesting to know what parts, which are not obviously visible to the customer, are also missing inside the vehicle and then quietly and quietly installed in the course of service work.

the pizza comparison is sensational ?
As they say, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that everybody's not out to get you.

Zetta

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My dealer called me today and told me, that after now 7 weeks from ordering the Taycan he still does not have a delivery date for me, BUT I have to pay now 2.500€ more for the car as a MY2022. And then, according to this thread, the car will be delivered without some equipment. Nice

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T M3P 2019, Taycan GTS 2022, i4 40 MS 2024
Country flag
My dealer called me today and told me, that after now 7 weeks from ordering the Taycan he still does not have a delivery date for me, BUT I have to pay now 2.500€ more for the car as a MY2022. And then, according to this thread, the car will be delivered without some equipment. Nice
Taycan RWD, and CT4 base prices went up really for MY2022. But not the others!

DGT

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Maybe not - it's hit and miss. My sister just had a Macan S delivered today. They've had similar issues across the product line - even shut down Macan production for 6 or 8 weeks after hers went into production... it arrived with everything except one of the keys which will come later. The dealer gets a summary with the invoice that lists any "warranty" items such as the steering column that needs later attention. My Taycan is coming into the port today - so we'll see. I'll have something to report in about a week.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Your dealer doesn’t have allocation for you. All you have is a reservation, not an order, it sounds like. If they had allocation, you should have a commission number, and that would have dates for things attached.

Zetta

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I will ask him one more time tomorrow.

RoseyPSU

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Aston Martin Vantage
Country flag
Ah yes. Makes sense that the service book would be missing as it is constructed almost entirely of computer chips, which we all know are hard to come by.
Sponsored