Possible to paint lower front bumper section to look like Turbo?

Alex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, BMW 435i, X5, Range Rover Sport TDV8
Country flag
I know there's a thread on carbon wrapping, but I've always liked the painted section of the lower front bumper on the Turbo. Mine is a 4s with high gloss black SDK.

Has anyone done any research into whether it's possible to colour code the lower section? i.e.

Porsche Taycan Possible to paint lower front bumper section to look like Turbo? Gentian Blue Taycan 1

Not trying to make it look like something it's not but the 4s just looks a little 'unfinished' - I'll still have the badge on the back!
Sponsored

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
I like it better too, but there’s still a chunk of cheap-looking black plastic between the two “wings” on the front which really winds me up!
it certainly has been done - take a look a the the fully colour-coded red one on here somewhere that certainly divided opinion!

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
I like it better too, but there’s still a chunk of cheap-looking black plastic between the two “wings” on the front which really winds me up!
Totally agree. I actually would most prefer the 4S front with the bottom piece color-coded all the way across. I get that it will get dirty quickly, which is why lots of people prefer the carbon fiber, but I think it finishes the look nicely, better than the two-piece look that you get from the Turbo front.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Materials engineer here. Modern plastic parts are incredible technological achievements, and are not "cheap". Take the Taycan brake pedal for example: https://www.plasticstoday.com/autom...ke-pedal-porsche-taycan-electric-sports-sedan.
Cheap is a fair description where plastic is substituted for cost savings over performance improvement. In the case of the Taycan exterior trim, the only higher performing material that is a realistic substitute for plastic is carbon fiber.

Last edited:

Tonytones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S; Volvo xc90; Audi R8
Country flag
I know there's a thread on carbon wrapping, but I've always liked the painted section of the lower front bumper on the Turbo. Mine is a 4s with high gloss black SDK.

Has anyone done any research into whether it's possible to colour code the lower section? i.e.

Gentian Blue Taycan 1.jpeg

Not trying to make it look like something it's not but the 4s just looks a little 'unfinished' - I'll still have the badge on the back!
For what I know the only option for now is PPS (spray not film...)
Only available in few locations in the UK and USA that I'm aware of.

Look at the posts from @TAYC4N for more info! Excellent results!

DennisB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
The 2 side wings in the bumper of the turbo are seperate pieces. They are attachted to the lower spoiler. I want them black instead of color coded to the car and Porsche is going tot paint them when my car arrives.

You can also paint the complete lower part. Look at this georgeous Taycan.

Porsche Taycan Possible to paint lower front bumper section to look like Turbo? 1613726821137

okkotonushi

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, Porsche 992S, Genesis GV60
Country flag
Do you have some more pictures from this Taycan with the colored bumper? Would be great.

I'm thinking about coloring mine bumper to black or to cherry metatillic like the car....

Don't know which is better now...

OP
OP

Alex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, BMW 435i, X5, Range Rover Sport TDV8
Country flag
Thanks for the replies. I'd love to see a front on picture of that white one.

In reality, I doubt anyone other than myself or other Taycan fans would even notice, especially given the rest of the car they'll probably be gawping at!

However, I can't help thinking it just looks a bit unfinished.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
Do you have some more pictures from this Taycan with the colored bumper? Would be great.

I'm thinking about coloring mine bumper to black or to cherry metatillic like the car....

Second that! This is what I want; it's a uniquely high-end 4S look!

DennisB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag

Sure, I have hundreds of photos that helped me putting my car together.

The one in the picture is Chalk, like the one I ordered and it's been done by this company. If you look at the facebookpage you'll see they painted the parts of more than one Taycan.

Porsche Taycan Possible to paint lower front bumper section to look like Turbo? 1613744939512
Sponsored

Last edited: