gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
Christ on a bike. I live in South East London and I have never seen so many pot holes. Big 'uns, chunks of tarmac gone. I am swerving all over the place and hard braking. Drove down the A20 today and the whole car nearly fell in one. It's never been this bad. Got 21"Aeroblades so keen not to destroy them.
Sponsored

Rob********

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
Agreed. Never have i seen so many. Live in Surrey. Optioned 20s because of it.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
It's as bad up our neck of the woods.
Having to do a slalom to avoid the bigger ones.

But it made no difference.......!
as this evening I met a bus head on down a country Lane. The female driver just stopped dead and wouldn't/couldn't move.
So it ended up that I curbed my back left wheel mounting the footpath. 😵

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Popped two front tires (21") on pot holes... never happened to me ever on previous cars.... but first time using 21" wheels...

Marmolata

First Name
RJS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Christ on a bike. I live in South East London and I have never seen so many pot holes. Big 'uns, chunks of tarmac gone. I am swerving all over the place and hard braking. Drove down the A20 today and the whole car nearly fell in one. It's never been this bad. Got 21"Aeroblades so keen not to destroy them.
13 years. not sure what else to say?

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
You sound like me railing on about Houston roads - suspect we in the northern hemisphere are all experiencing 1st world decaying infratsructure but can absolutely empathize re tank traps at every corner!

legataycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 981 Boxster
Country flag
Exact same experience here on Mission Es. I hit the same pothole on the A20 just a few days ago, somehow the car survived but it's madness out there. A couple of months ago I had one damage both front tyres (one was popped and the other left with a bump). Trying to claim from the council is a nightmare, they are trying to tell me they don't see how the pothole can cause damage to both tyres but that's what happened. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I can't imagine how many claims they are getting at the moment.

Last edited:

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I actually chose the Cross Turismo over other models because the roads where I live are so crap.
The only Taycan wheels I really like are the 21" cross turismo ones though and I am finding I have to drive slow and cautious to try to avoid damage which defeats the object - it is also very w-i-d-e for these roads, so our Prius is probably quicker on a lot of journeys.

One thing though, the superb response to swerving around potholes is very impressive.

Jin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (MY24)
Country flag
I'm in SE London/Kent border and it's the same everywhere. The local roads are awful and the shoddy patch jobs the council do last a few weeks if lucky!

OP
OP
gusone

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Exact same experience here on Mission Es. I hit the same pothole on the A20 just a few days ago, somehow the car survived but it's madness out there. A couple of months ago I had one damage both front tyres (one was popped and the other left with a bump). Trying to claim from the council is a nightmare, they are trying to tell me they don't see how the pothole can cause damage to both tyres but that's what happened. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I can't imagine how many claims they are getting at the moment.
I didn't know you could claim from the council. Learn something new every day.

OP
OP
gusone

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I actually chose the Cross Turismo over other models because the roads where I live are so crap.
The only Taycan wheels I really like are the 21" cross turismo ones though and I am finding I have to drive slow and cautious to try to avoid damage which defeats the object - it is also very w-i-d-e for these roads, so our Prius is probably quicker on a lot of journeys.

One thing though, the superb response to swerving around potholes is very impressive.
Swerves like an F1 car!
Sponsored