Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag

You need only look at innovation and production to see where this is heading. While the West is arguing over gender neutral toilets, China is innovating technology to make the humble toilet obsolete.
How are they going to do that? Immodium already exists...

I agree with the principle. I'm just not sure that the social and political aspects that allow them to say fq it across the board, including fripperies but not exclusively so, are a trade I'd be comfortable with.

Same goes with the Middle East and Russia.

Good luck regardless though.

I've done my living abroad (Japan, HK, US plus sundry others)... It was all great fun whilst young and without family. This place is still where I choose to be now though (old er and with a young family). Sure, elements of it are getting more marginal. But where isn't... It's all a compromise.
Sponsored

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
V6 sounds better in my opinion - it's so obnoxious!

Pros and cons to everything. Still deciding, but business and personal finances based in the UAE, then majority/all clients located in the Middle East, Far East, possibly USA... Who can afford my fees and comfortable paying a UAE business.

My UK clients may have grievance paying a foreign entity, and I don't see sterling (or euros) recovering much against USD even in the medium term. Keep in mind the Cable has hit a new low roughly every 10 years since 1871. I think this month (and year, roughly 10 years) sets another baseline in that ongoing trend.

That means how much a business is prepared to pay is lower where living standards are lower, while regions with more growth will be happier paying top dollar for the services I provide.

China is the next world superpower. I anticipate the Far East and Middle East (and Russia) will see significantly higher growth, more opportunities and higher living standards where they are allied to that system. The West is an enemy of China, so won't be sharing in the spoils where, like every one before, its civilisation ends, before a new system rises from the hypothetical ashes.

You need only look at innovation and production to see where this is heading. While the West is arguing over gender neutral toilets, China is innovating technology to make the humble toilet obsolete.

I want to ride that business cycle up, hence there will be better places to relocate businesses and finances in the coming years, especially when thinking about income/taxation. And that is likely to be in the East this time and not in the West.

And that is why I might never see that GTS ST.
You've got your head screwed on and are obv very astute.
The facts all make a lot of sense.
👍

But I would just say beware the more 'personal issues' which can be all powerful.

I say this being overseas currently and deciding about retiring abroad in the next couple of years, or maybe try and have a foot in each camp (UK and overseas)?
Somewhat similar to you, but the other end of the work life cycle.

While talking to expats over here (Portugal) I am constantly reminded of Ronnie Biggs (Great Train Robber) being on the run in Rio, living the high life.
But....
.... he was thinking of giving himself up, as all he could think about was walking through a cold London fog to get some chips and mushy peas!
It became an overpowering desire and he started resenting the sunshine and high life.

I can definitely relate to that and need to think very carefully.

While I have been here, my brothers bought a house in Cornwall and is jacking it in and retiring down there.

Lots to think about.

Sorry for going sooooo sooooo far off topic. 🙏

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag

While talking to expats over here (Portugal) I am constantly reminded of Ronnie Biggs (Great Train Robber) being on the run in Rio, living the high life.
But....
.... he was thinking of giving himself up, as all he could think about was walking through a cold London fog to get some chips and mushy peas!
It became an overpowering desire and he started resenting the sunshine and high life.

I can definitely relate to that and need to think very carefully.
I can also relate to it.

I was talking to my kids this morning about the seasons (it getting cooler now), and how you miss them when they're not there. Living in Asia for spells, it was one thing I missed more than more or less anything else.

It's little things like that, which grab you.

Stoneageman

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
China is the next world superpower.
I don't want to be political but clearly, you don't know the Chinese government as well as those on the inside. My family is from China and let me tell you, they are far from being the next world superpower. Their government is dysfunctional at best, they don't care about their citizens, and there is a huge gap between rich and poor, even if you are rich, that money doesn't belong to you but to the government really, and the economic boom they experienced has actually died down dramatically. Their main advantage was their manufacturing but if you noticed a trend, many companies are moving their manufacturing plants from China to Vietnam or Thailand, or even the Philippines.

There is a reason why so many Chinese people move their money out and want to live somewhere else.

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
Their main advantage was their manufacturing but if you noticed a trend, many companies are moving their manufacturing plants from China to Vietnam or Thailand, or even the Philippines.
Manufacturing in China is an absolute disaster at the moment due to the baffling Zero Covid policy. It’s so unpredictable, regions being shut down over one case at the drop of a hat.
And where to even start with their property market…?!

I love China, but it is far, far, far from the next super power.

DynamoCappo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
anyone know how many turbo and turbo s taycan cross and sport turismos are allocated to a dealership as Teeside are telling me it’s just 1 each per year , and I find that utter bollocks , also I, lead to believe that allocations slots are released soon to the dealers for next year
It might not be far off. I'm approaching a years wait on a Turbo S up north and the latest I was told was that it's going to be Q1 2023 at the earliest now. I've been in position 1 in the dealership queue since my deposit went down in November 2021.

Had my rep email today saying there was no news but he's monitoring it regularly. Reading your last sentence there, I've got my hopes up that he's done that because he's aware there might be news soon! How wrong will I be? :CWL:

Last edited:

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Has the UK price increased?

I may be wrong, as not looked recently or kept abreast of imcreases.
But I went on the configurator and am sure my RWD spec car price has increased (even without Bose) recently.

Apologies if I am wrong or this is old news.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Has the UK price increased?

I may be wrong, as not looked recently or kept abreast of imcreases.
But I went on the configurator and am sure my RWD spec car price has increased (even without Bose) recently.

Apologies if I am wrong or this is old news.
Several increases earlier in the year and the last one was around model year change (July).

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
It might not be far off. I'm approaching a years wait on a Turbo S up north and the latest I was told was that it's going to be Q1 2023 at the earlier now. I've been in position 1 in the dealership queue since my deposit went down in November 2021.

Had my rep email today saying there was no news but he's monitoring it regularly. Reading your last sentence there, I've got my hopes up that he's done that because he's aware there might be news soon! How wrong will I be? :CWL:
I struggled to get a straight answer from Teeside. I was going to place an order for a 4S CT with them as they only wanted a 3k deposit and my mate had ordered his from them. I then did a test drive at PRG Reading and was shown full detail of the list of people in front of me. Advised it might be 15 months but should be quicker so placed order with them in June this year. Allocation came through 3 weeks later and car goes into production on 4th November. My mate who ordered in May at Teeside is still in the dark on his. What I did discover is that the 5 PRG dealers share 25% of uk allocations and the 36 franchised dealers share the rest.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Several increases earlier in the year and the last one was around model year change (July).
And definitely not another one since then W1NGE?

I was sure I loaded my spec on the configurator when model year changed - and just did it again now (ex Bose) and it still seemed higher.

Maybe just user error, or user memory.
😁

Abdul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Gentian Blue Taycan 4S...previously Ice Grey RWD
Country flag
Porsche dealers are obviously optimistic...or want to secure business? I've only had my 4S two months and I had a call from the supplying dealership asking if I'd like to place an order for my next car due to wait times of 12-18 months!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
And definitely not another one since then W1NGE?

I was sure I loaded my spec on the configurator when model year changed - and just did it again now (ex Bose) and it still seemed higher.

Maybe just user error, or user memory.
😁
Not 100% certain but normally you get a warning when loading your saved spec.

This doesn't help with options not within your config which could have changed.

DynamoCappo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I struggled to get a straight answer from Teeside. I was going to place an order for a 4S CT with them as they only wanted a 3k deposit and my mate had ordered his from them. I then did a test drive at PRG Reading and was shown full detail of the list of people in front of me. Advised it might be 15 months but should be quicker so placed order with them in June this year. Allocation came through 3 weeks later and car goes into production on 4th November. My mate who ordered in May at Teeside is still in the dark on his. What I did discover is that the 5 PRG dealers share 25% of uk allocations and the 36 franchised dealers share the rest.
That doesn't surprise me. Imagine a couple of London branches are part of that five.

Would imagine Glasgow is way down the list.

Hope your car comes round quickly then.

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
That doesn't surprise me. Imagine a couple of London branches are part of that five.

Would imagine Glasgow is way down the list.

Hope your car comes round quickly then.
Reading (UK hq), Chiswick, Mayfair, Hatfield and Guildford.

Thanks, just need it to get the Bose amp on the production line and to arrive with a good roof!

smartymarti

First Name
Marti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4s cross turismo
Country flag
I’m due a ca
waiting on Teeside regarding mine , as of April,this year I’m the next in line for a ct turbo , still no idea when it’s landing and still no phone call having said my car is in for the 5th time on Monday for the squeaky seat issue I’ll see what they say
Sponsored

Last edited: