Power folding mirror retrofit?

iamfrozt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'm curious if anyone here knows whether power folding mirrors can be installed as a retrofit? I don't have it on my Taycan, but after having the car for two weeks it's definitely a nice to have feature I'd like to add on if realistic. I didn't think much of it initially, but my dedicated bay I use to park the Taycan away from other things is VERY tight when pulling it in. I pretty much have about 2 to 3 inches of clearance on each side of the car with mirrors extended getting through the entry into the garage. It's no real concern since I've been parking in this spot away from the other car(s) for years, but definitely would be nice to have those mirrors come in upon arrival at the garage door.

Plan on calling my service group at the dealer later today and asking when they are open, but wanted to tap the collective knowledge here to see if anyone has done it. Thanks in advance (and I did search and didn't find any questions like this, so apologies if this is a repost).

Pic for fun.

Porsche Taycan Power folding mirror retrofit? image_67180801
Sponsored

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
I would guess you will require replacement mirror base with motors and reprogramming, IF the existing door wiring/harness has the pigtail provision for that option.

(Meaning, door wire harnesses are the same for all models and the plug is there for cars with power fold option)

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
OP
OP
iamfrozt

iamfrozt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thank you. That pretty much solidifies that this is something I can retro since I didn't order from factory on that part. I was hoping I wasn't SOL. Definitely a Quality of Life thing that would be nice to add on now

mikeva

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Base
Country flag
I am another one that is sorry he did not specify this on my order... .but I find the cost of the items referenced above PLUS the labor to install them outside my price point....

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
Thank you. That pretty much solidifies that this is something I can retro since I didn't order from factory on that part. I was hoping I wasn't SOL. Definitely a Quality of Life thing that would be nice to add on now
Yeah, wish I would have gotten them too, but they will manually fold, I do that at car shows, cause it looks so cool. :)

hkarthik

First Name
Karthik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S White
Country flag
I would love this feature as my garage is super tight. Anyone tried getting it done yet? Has your local dealer been willing to do the work?
Sponsored