Jamieh

First Name
JH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S 2022
Country flag
Does anyone happen to know whether Power Steering Plus can be added OTA or FOD in Canada? This is for a 4S 2022. It seems to be available as an after market option in Europe, but my dealer claims it isn’t in Canada.
Thanks
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Does anyone happen to know whether Power Steering Plus can be added OTA or FOD in Canada? This is for a 4S 2022. It seems to be available as an after market option in Europe, but my dealer claims it isn’t in Canada.
Thanks
It is standard in North America which I assume includes Canada - your dealer ought to know this

If standard or already fitted then it won't show up as FOD (obviously).

OP
OP

Jamieh

First Name
JH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S 2022
Country flag
Thanks. Dealer claims it does not have power steering plus, but also not available as FOD. It could be that he doesn’t know what he is talking about! I’ll ask some other dealers.
Appreciate the reply

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thanks. Dealer claims it does not have power steering plus, but also not available as FOD. It could be that he doesn’t know what he is talking about! I’ll ask some other dealers.
Appreciate the reply
The dealer can run a VIN check on your car and it should list the build. If a franchise Porsche dealer they will have other ways to confirm. I fear their knowledge is well below par.

Aside from that you should be able to self-determine - steering gets progressively weighted the faster you go - I'm tempted to say it s obvious if present or not but if you've not experienced it before then you have no metric with which to compare.

OP
OP

Jamieh

First Name
JH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S 2022
Country flag
The dealer can run a VIN check on your car and it should list the build. If a franchise Porsche dealer they will have other ways to confirm. I fear their knowledge is well below par.

Aside from that you should be able to self-determine - steering gets progressively weighted the faster you go - I'm tempted to say it s obvious if present or not but if you've not experienced it before then you have no metric with which to compare.

Yep I think you’re right. I’ve driven a demo with and without and my 4S clearly does not have it based on how heavy the steering is at low speeds. I’ll keep looking into it!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Yep I think you’re right. I’ve driven a demo with and without and my 4S clearly does not have it based on how heavy the steering is at low speeds. I’ll keep looking into it!
It doesnt get lighter. and always perfectly weighted.

OP
OP

Jamieh

First Name
JH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S 2022
Country flag
It doesnt get lighter. and always perfectly weighted.
Oh really? The description for the feature literally says ‘lighter steering and easier to maneuver at low speeds’ but good to know

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Oh really? The description for the feature literally says ‘lighter steering and easier to maneuver at low speeds’ but good to know
It's all relative I've had PSP since 2003 so it's engrained with me.

Some cars have a 'city' mode and the steering is so light that it is unnerving.

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
Good advice above.
I didn’t have PS+ on 4S with 20’s.
Never missed it, not once.
I was tempted to throw £300 at it just to
‘See what it was like’.
In the end because I couldn’t ‘try before you buy’ for free I never bothered.

I therefore didn’t spec PS+ on the GTS on 21’ wheels. Most unpleasant.
I only drove it once before downloading via FoD!

Exactly as WINGE says, it doesn’t make it super light. It is just pleasantly weighted.
With 21’ wheels and no PS+ it feels like there is no power steering at all at low speed.
Sponsored