W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I spent many years working in the Oil & Gas industry - reverse parking was mandatory - just like holding handrails these basic common sense safety tips never leave you.
Sponsored

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I have to agree it is silly not to spend the extra $600 on a $150K car to have the automatic and very cool (yes, people are impressed) ports. One of the other main advantages of the electronic ports with the blocked vents is you don't have any road dirt/stones coming through the vents onto the side doors. While I haven't heard much about this, I'm sure the electronic ports keep the car cleaner and make it easier to wash.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
for me unplugging and walking away as the cover closes behind me is one of life's small pleasures…

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I spent many years working in the Oil & Gas industry - reverse parking was mandatory - just like holding handrails these basic common sense safety tips never leave you.
my son worked for a railroad that had this policy as well, and it was strictly enforced.
there is a study somewhere that says in the event of an emergency requiring the area to be evacuated back in parking is safer when leaving the spot.
an unusual wrinkle here where we live in fla where we don't have front plates is that back in parking can be ticketed.

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
If the marginal (and debatable, IMHO) convenience of having the charge ports open and close on their own or impressing bystanders is important to someone and worth $640, then by all means spend the money and be happy. I completely understand the rationale; I purchased an option like PCCB's that others passed on for various reasons and I couldn't be more pleased with my choice

All of the other issues aside, which we can argue about forever, I personally don't care for the little truncated fairings that come with the automated flaps and prefer the clean look of the manual ones on my Taycan. TEHO.

Last edited:

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Ok, the folks that want to, can back their Taycan's into the charger. I will continue to drive in frontwards.

kl98cwg

First Name
DF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Wasn’t in my original spec but pleased I added it before finally ordering - no problems in 4 months of ownership

Rey1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I’ve had a lot of trouble, car has gone into the garage 5x (!!!!) and now finally seems fixed..

Mad Pat 66

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I went for the manual, and while I can understand why some owners chose to have the powered port covers I personally like the clean lines of the manual ones and spent the money elsewhere - the wheels for instance - just love the Mission E wheels.
Each unto their own though.

Last edited:

MWarsaw

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
So I have about 4 weeks before my build configuration locks, the only option I have second thoughts about is the Power Charge Port Cover. I've read too many anecdotal stories from owners of the door being glitch, opening when it's not supposed to, and vice versa ?

For those who optioned it, who wishes they got their car with the standard door flaps instead?

Screenshot_20210518-085921.jpg
No offense...but this is the most obvious option that you need to get on the Taycan. By far the coolest power door and something no one else comes close having. YES, of course!

norwbjorn

First Name
Bjørn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo (oct), Merc All-Terrain, BMW
Country flag
I dont trust an electric port opener in sub zero, rain, snow ( whitch is half the year here ), and just want to eliminat one extra possible problem

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just flip a coin. Do you want to save the $700 or have the coolest car at the charging station. Full disclosure, I have the coolest car at the charging station.

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Yes from me. 8000miles and a very cold winter and zero problems with the port doors

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Yes from me. 8000miles and a very cold winter and zero problems with the port doors
the only problem that I can foresee with freezes and the doors is if the car was to be caked in ice, then the doors could possibly malfunction. I had the door handles on a model S get frozen and the handle wouldn't present itself.
Sponsored