PPF + Ceramic Cost / Price

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
These are the prices I’ve been quoted at my NYC dealer. Would someone be able to recommend other installers - I think these are higher but would love to hear opinions. Also what do you all recommend ? PPF ? Ceramic ? The packages below.

I’m planning to buy the car and keep for 5 years, unless the new tech would make me want to change.

PPF:
Nose: $3400
Full: $8200

Ceramic (ProGold) w Wheels : $4600

Dent package: $1900 (5 years)
Tire & Wheel: $3,695 (5 years)

My car would be parked in the bldg public garage. I still have to figure out a good place to wash the car. (so those recommendations) are welcome to.

It’s a Taycan 4S m, CW and Mission E wheels.
Sponsored

erhand25

First Name
Erhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I will say it is way too much. Dealer won’t do the work, they will sub it to 3rd party.

I am quoted $2300 for full front or $4k for bull body ppf. Ceramic coating for $1500.

Go to xpel site, search for local installers.

You will get better price for sure

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
I will say it is way too much. Dealer won’t do the work, they will sub it to 3rd party.

I am quoted $2300 for full front or $4k for bull body ppf. Ceramic coating for $1500.

Go to xpel site, search for local installers.

You will get better price for sure
I second this. I'm also in NYC and am searching for a installer for a CT4s. I've been quoted 6500 & 4500 so far to cover in stealth.

You can do your own ceramic coating if you so choose, for a lot less than 1500.

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
These are the prices I’ve been quoted at my NYC dealer. Would someone be able to recommend other installers - I think these are higher but would love to hear opinions. Also what do you all recommend ? PPF ? Ceramic ? The packages below.

I’m planning to buy the car and keep for 5 years, unless the new tech would make me want to change.

PPF:
Nose: $3400
Full: $8200

Ceramic (ProGold) w Wheels : $4600

Dent package: $1900 (5 years)
Tire & Wheel: $3,695 (5 years)

My car would be parked in the bldg public garage. I still have to figure out a good place to wash the car. (so those recommendations) are welcome to.

It’s a Taycan 4S m, CW and Mission E wheels.
I’m not familiar with NYC Pricing but in Santa Barbara:
Nose (presume this is full hood, front etc)- $2100
Ceramic $1000-$1500. May not be Pro Gold
I would never have the dealer do the work. They most likely are just a middleman and are marking up their cost.
Tire package I would never buy it. You are only going to hear from people who have had problems but $3695 is crazy.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
I'm in the NYC area (Westchester) and paid $6500 for full body SunTek Reaction. I do think that shops that do "full sheet" (i.e., not templated) charge slightly more. SunTek is a templated product.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
St. Louis, MO -
$1500 for full ceramic including wheels.
$2k for full front ppf

I think full body ppf was $6k.

This was through my dealer, who uses the same place I was going to use independently. The benefits of using the dealer for me were free loaner while I wait and immediate scheduling when car arrived (otherwise I had to wait 6 weeks).

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I've not noticed this before (perhaps it's new)- on the UK configurator there's an option (under "Exterior" options):

Protective film (front)
Transparent protective foil for front luggage compartment lid, front apron, front wings and exterior mirrors.
Note: Depending on the selected exterior mirror, the foiling is applied to the painted and carbon components
£1,347

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
In Boston I got xpel ultimate full body PPF for $6800 and ceramic pro platinum for $2500. Lifetime warrantee.

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
I've not noticed this before (perhaps it's new)- on the UK configurator there's an option (under "Exterior" options):

Protective film (front)
Transparent protective foil for front luggage compartment lid, front apron, front wings and exterior mirrors.
Note: Depending on the selected exterior mirror, the foiling is applied to the painted and carbon components
£1,347
It is new - there is also black gloss trim finish for rear wiper

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
It is new - there is also black gloss trim finish for rear wiper
Yes I noticed that one too...as someone who's specced all the other gloss black accents, I've surprised myself by so far resisting adding it. I can't say I noticed the standard finished one on the demonstrator and showroom vehicles, so it must have been nicely unobtrusive...not something I'd feel the need to make a feature of.

f10tt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan, 2022 Cayenne, 2021 Bronco
Country flag
Mine is in PPF right now. $3000 for full front plus tint.

Ceramic is being done with Optimum Opticoat Pro3 for $3000.

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag

Protective film (front)
£1,347
There is the same option from the NA configurator. Protection Film - Front $2760

Fedex77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3 E92, Range Rover Sport HST
Country flag
I think I got a reasonable deal: 8k for full xpel plus xpel ceramic coating and xpel tints all around

JJPM

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan and 992
Country flag
My local guy quote me $5k (NYC area) for full front +4 whole doors PPF'd + ceramic tint all windows, including windshield for my CT. What do you guys think? Do I need doors PPF'd

STLLTH

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4; Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
In Hawaii I got full Expel PPF 10, Ceramic (body & wheels) all for $8200. If I can get this in Hawaii not sure why NY area is more.
Sponsored