PPF done and finally got some miles on it.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
PPF is must have - we're all blessed to live in a time where products like this are available to protect expensive vehicles.
Porsche Taycan PPF done and finally got some miles on it. PPF & ceramic

OP
OP

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
Fantastic - the sport design package looks absolutely stunning in white!
It probably does; but that’s chalk :). I optioned only the front and side skirts - didn’t like the flicks on the rear - seems like a dirt trap.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
It probably does; but that’s chalk :). I optioned only the front and side skirts - didn’t like the flicks on the rear - seems like a dirt trap.
Very nice - now just the amber side markers need to go :)

OP
OP

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Very nice - now just the amber side markers need to go :)
Already done; but that was when I got back from detailer and now car is filthy and I can’t clean it for a week - so used these pics I took at pickup. First drive was fantastic, 400 miles - spoilt only by fun with EA chargers and freezing weather.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
Looks great! Especially in the lighter-colors, I really think the Turbo (not Turbo S) front air dam treatment is the best looking. I have a 4S, but really considered getting the Turbo front air dam aftermarket.

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Would be so kind as to share the cost of the PPF with me? Why did you opt for PPF instead of ceramic coating? Looks great!!!
You can get both ceramic an PPF, they provide separate protections. My understanding is that ceramic is like a permanent wax that also protects your paint from fading, sun exposure etc. PPF protects against damage from stone chips and minor scratches/dings.

Costs vary quite a bit depending on what you want covered. It’s common to have ceramic all over and PPF in the high impact areas. That would probably cost around 2k for each. PPF all over is probably nearer 5k

SteveTaycan101

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Targa 4S; 2016 Macan S; 2022 Taycan RWD TBD
Country flag
You can get both ceramic an PPF, they provide separate protections. My understanding is that ceramic is like a permanent wax that also protects your paint from fading, sun exposure etc. PPF protects against damage from stone chips and minor scratches/dings.

Costs vary quite a bit depending on what you want covered. It’s common to have ceramic all over and PPF in the high impact areas. That would probably cost around 2k for each. PPF all over is probably nearer 5k
Thanks for the response. At what type of facility did you have the PPF applied?

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks for the response. At what type of facility did you have the PPF applied?
I went on Yelp and searched for PPF in my area. You can also search for vehicle wraps.

Picked the one with the most and highest reviews. Read through the comments, called up and talked to the owner. Very nice guy, very knowledgeable and gave me great advice. He’s done a very nice job on the car

Porsche Taycan PPF done and finally got some miles on it. 3C916ABC-69A6-4EC7-9465-7DC585AFDC78

OP
OP

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Would be so kind as to share the cost of the PPF with me? Why did you opt for PPF instead of ceramic coating? Looks great!!!
I paid $9600 - that was full body xpel PPF - they remove panels, mirrors, lights etc to wrap edge, gtechniq halo and then Modesta bc-06 on the wheels and calipers (might not be as necessary with the brakes used on the turbo).

The PPF protects the paint and has self-healing qualities. The ceramic is laid over that to help repel dirt etc - same way it would on regular paint.

halo over PPF is only good for a couple of years; unlike the ceramic applied directly to paint. You can buy halo for about $75; it cost me $300 for them to ceramic over the PPF.

these guys aren’t the cheapest, but this is the third car they have done for me and I like the work - I dropped 200k on this car, so a few extra to get the job I wanted didn’t matter to me. You’ll find them on YouTube - Chicago Auto Pros.
Sponsored