First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT MY22
Country flag
Hi dear forumers,

Im eagerly waiting to my MY22 CT (fingers cross no massive delay...). Im located in Riga, Latvia where climate is identical to Sweden (Riga == Stockholm weather wise). Long winter , usually mild but can get lot of snow like now and avg. temperatures around 0 to -10 C in Dec, Jan. I have off road package not only because of cool looks but as additional protection layer. Car will be parked a lot at the street , roads in the winter are crap here, often mixture of sand a salt is used to melt the snow...
Im considering to PPF and would like to ask what's your opinion - is it worth it, price , manufacturers (XPEL etc) . Also would be grateful if you share your EV experience in the cold climate .

Thanks a lot
D.
Sponsored

timc3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo, BMW 330e
Country flag
I think it's going to be worth it but it will be my first car with it applied, likely to go with a place that uses XPEL - which I have heard is very good.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
I think it's going to be worth it but it will be my first car with it applied, likely to go with a place that uses XPEL - which I have heard is very good.
Xpel Ultimate is GREAT. I have it on all my cars.

OP
OP
davids

davids

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT MY22
Country flag
Any ideas about cost in your place? just curious...

wurzitup

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
I think full front XPEL would be good, in addition to lower rockers in a wintery climate to guard against stones, gravel, and salt. Relatively cheap protection against chips and potential corrosion damage.

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
take a look at Stek too - it's something that I have swapped over to from Xpel for my last few cars. Pound for pound it's just a better product.

The product is only 50% of the equation though. Make sure you check the work of the installer. If they aren't meticulous, expect problems, especially in that climate. Cheaper isn't better - this is a perfect example of one of those things where you get what you pay for.

OP
OP
davids

davids

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT MY22
Country flag
take a look at Stek too - it's something that I have swapped over to from Xpel for my last few cars. Pound for pound it's just a better product.

The product is only 50% of the equation though. Make sure you check the work of the installer. If they aren't meticulous, expect problems, especially in that climate. Cheaper isn't better - this is a perfect example of one of those things where you get what you pay for.
Thanks will do check if Stek is available here (small town/country, not USA....). One shop gave me an estimate of ~ 3.5K USD.

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Thanks will do check if Stek is available here (small town/country, not USA....). One shop gave me an estimate of ~ 3.5K USD.
That is pricey but depending on demand for the installer, not completely ridiculous; consider an OEM quality respray of a bumper would be $2,000.

In the US you should expect to pay around $2,500 to $3,000 for the complete front end done in a custom cut. A whole car would be $7000 to $8500 (or more depending on the car/complexity) - people will find it for less, but it will be computer cut and very likely have stretch marks to hide the cuts/seams.

timc3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo, BMW 330e
Country flag
Any ideas about cost in your place? just curious...
I think full PPF is about 60,000SEK (just under 6000 Euros) and the dealer will sort it out, they get the car picked up on closed transporter to and from the place that does it.
Sponsored