PPF in South East England

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
I’ve never had PPF before, and my previous still looked incredible after 20k miles and 7 years, despite only bring protected with a regular ceramic detail once a year.
it does seem that many (most?) people are choosing to have PPF applied to their Taycan.

For those that have done so, did you have front end only or whole car? What about roof and interior screens?

Presumably reputable installers will fully wrap the edges, so that the film is not visible anywhere - does that require trim to be removed, and does it go back ‘as new’?

Any suggestions for dealers in the South East to do this?

Thanks
Sponsored

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
This Taycan is my first investment in PPF. I got the front and the 4 doors done (also mirrors). My SA strongly advised getting the rear doors covered as they were seeing quite a few trade-ins that needed full panel resprays there, due to the flared arches and, they assume, the vents ahead of the front wheels. (Also, as I've mentioned many times on this forum, it's hard to avoid brushing up against overgrown hedgerow when pulling over for oncoming vehicles in narrow country lanes.)
My SA gave a private recommendation of a local-ish installer, they seem highly regarded and have done many high-end cars (including Porsche).
As to wrapped edges, it's not something I discussed with the installer, and I only realised today that at least some of mine aren't- I only noticed when washing off all the grime the car has built up recently. From what little I've read, there are pros and cons to wrapping edges, depending on the nature of the panel or other item being wrapped. Presumably Porsche are happy with the edges of those pretty ineffectually small pieces of PPF that are installed ahead of the rear arches as part of the standard factory build.

Last edited:

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
You raised some interesting questions and I was hoping to see others' input on this topic- I think it would get more attention if the title more explicitly referenced your key Q's and wasn't constrained geographically.

eddieterry

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911Turbo, Taycan CT Turbo 2023.
Country flag
I am going to get my Taycan Turbo CT (when it arrives) fully PPFed by Topaz in Wimbeldon as they have been superb on my other cars. Will get Porsche Tonbridge to trailer car their after handover. Can’t recommend PPF enough.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
I’ve never had PPF before, and my previous still looked incredible after 20k miles and 7 years, despite only bring protected with a regular ceramic detail once a year.
it does seem that many (most?) people are choosing to have PPF applied to their Taycan.

For those that have done so, did you have front end only or whole car? What about roof and interior screens?

Presumably reputable installers will fully wrap the edges, so that the film is not visible anywhere - does that require trim to be removed, and does it go back ‘as new’?

Any suggestions for dealers in the South East to do this?

Thanks
I had my entire car wrapped, then coated…including the wheels. For the purposes of paint protection, I recommend PPF wrapping the front clip and ideally coating the whole car. After that, there are diminishing returns on going further.

I went all out on my car because of my hobby of detailing not because it made financial sense.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Further to my original post, I've just felt my way around the edges of all my wrapped panels (not good enough light in my garage to see clearly)- other than the mirrors, which do have noticeable PPF edges, there are only a few very short stretches of edge that aren't wrapped, I'd guess because of the curvature of the panel at those points. I have no idea what trim, if any, the installers needed to remove.

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
My installer did wrap the edges of the panels. I got front, bonnet, front wings and mirrors. Can’t see the ppf ‘joins’
Hi Matt,
What did you pay to get those panels wrapped and who did you use?
S.

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I used Auto Forensics in Addlestone, Surrey, who use laser cut pieces and wrap around the edges. Perfect job.

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
Hi Matt,
What did you pay to get those panels wrapped and who did you use?
S.
£1500 for paint correction, ppf and ceramic coating. Also a 6 week ‘health check’. I used TKDetailing:https://www.tkdetailingcars.co.uk/

edit. Ppf on front of car inc bonnet, wings and mirrors and ceramic inside and out.

Last edited:

darth_maul_80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 , Taycan GTS
Country flag
I used Autowaxworks for both of CT and GTS. Both are full coverage of ppf including wrapped edges where curvature/panel allowed. They association applied ceramic coating on top.

mine week after getting our CT I noticed some light swirl marks appearing over the dash trim (piano black bits) despite not touching them so I decided to have that and screens wrapped too. My GTS has all of that from day one. All interior also ceramic treated with Gtechnik of i remember correctly by my detailers

OP
OP
Sidicks

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
I used Autowaxworks for both of CT and GTS. Both are full coverage of ppf including wrapped edges where curvature/panel allowed. They association applied ceramic coating on top.

mine week after getting our CT I noticed some light swirl marks appearing over the dash trim (piano black bits) despite not touching them so I decided to have that and screens wrapped too. My GTS has all of that from day one. All interior also ceramic treated with Gtechnik of i remember correctly by my detailers
How much, roughly?