First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 991.2 C4 GTS. Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Hello.
Not even one full day into ownership and I already have a question.

I keep getting alerted from the Porsche connect app that the Pre-cooling/heating of my vehicle is complete.
I reckon to have had about six of these messages and two of those appeared in the middle of the night.

To my knowledge, other then a charge profile/timer set to finish with Pre-cooling/heating for 8:30am this morning, I have nothing else set.
Or do I?

It was cold last night, so is this perhaps a default setting (1 degree C).

Help!

Thanks

Porsche Taycan Pre-cooling/heating mind of it’s own 3863DDED-49BA-455B-9BDF-08AEEC7E89ED
Sponsored

OP
OP
Smithy37

Smithy37

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
For the love of God, please stop. :angry:

Porsche Taycan Pre-cooling/heating mind of it’s own D559C428-D0B1-4206-A452-984BE678B906

GEE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
Last several weeks I have been getting random pre-heating messages too. I have two profiles for pre-heating and they have been working flawlessly, so I presumed the random ones were to maintain minimum battery temp.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
If you have precondition with remote unlock enabled, you will potentially get one of these messages every time you unlock the car. You can turn off the notifications in the Connect App or you can disable precondition with remote unlock in the car.

OP
OP
Smithy37

Smithy37

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for the advice.
That’s what I thought as some of the messages did correspond with a few times I’d been in the car. However that doesn’t explain the messages through the night.

Steep learning curve, but I’m enjoying it.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I had the same issue with random notifications. I uninstalled the app completely because it was very unreliable and because of the speculation that when it connects to the car it drains its 12v battery.

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
I had the same issue with random notifications. I uninstalled the app completely because it was very unreliable and because of the speculation that when it connects to the car it drains its 12v battery.
If the Taycan is heating or cooling itself, it may be doing your 12V battery a favor. Whenever the traction battery is active, the 12V battery is topped off.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
If the Taycan is heating or cooling itself, it may be doing your 12V battery a favor. Whenever the traction battery is active, the 12V battery is topped off.
Not sure about that. It is unclear if the 12v battery is topped off when the ignition is off.

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
Not sure about that. It is unclear if the 12v battery is topped off when the ignition is off.
Would be amazed if you are correct, the 12V bus would need to be up for computer communication and control.

SwissTaycan

First Name
Dieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S arrived on 23.12.20 and 718 Spyder on order
Country flag
This kind of fits to the „Seat heating automatically“ post that is also recently added to the Forum. I seem to have both problems... NC_Taycan‘s fix does not seem to apply to me as the car has been warm despite no setting asking it to pre-heat the car...

I also am concerned about messing around too much with the connect App in fear of triggering the 12V battery spectre.
Sponsored