First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
Hello all,

I'm thinking about a pre-labor day Taycan Fest - participation is voluntary - and will be socially distanced w/masks please!!

Open to all automotive enthusiasts - but particular attention to Taycan owners and those with a Taycan on order, or other EV's

I'm going to take lunch @ Surf City Sandwiches in Aptos - CA this Friday @ 11:45 am - and probably hang out until at least 1 pm…Surf City makes fantastic sandwiches with a bit of a spicy bite - I can highly recommend the "Beer Barnacles" and they are best "hot & fresh" - recommend you order online prior to arriving as they pride themselves on quality and won't be rushed for properly making your order.

I'll be there with my road warrior kit and happy to answer any questions and just share my enthusiasm for this vehicle and other EV's!

https://surfcitysandwichinc.menufy.com/#/
SURF CITY SANDWICH
4101 SOQUEL DR STE B1
SOQUEL, CA 95073
(831) 346-6952

Porsche Taycan Pre-Labor day Taycan fest - socially distance lunch meet up @ 11:45 am - Aptos, CA Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 12.48.30 PM

take a nice drive with your Taycan across Hwy 17 - and come visit the coast - and let's all bask in the glory of the 2020 Porsche Taycan and our mutual admiration of Porsche and this car…

RSVP to this thread - but it's not necessary.

charging in the Santa Cruz area is challenging - but possible, but you should not plan on having to charge over on this side of the hill - if this is successful we'll probably do another one around thanks giving - and I'll make it a pilgrimage to a place with CCS chargers that also has some near by food - but for now this is a nice day trip and some good twisty mountain roads to exploit the power and handling of your Taycan.

there are some EVGo chargers over here and they are pretty reliable - but I did not pick this place as an EV friendly place - I picked it because I wanted to do lunch @ surf city and would love to see other Taycan's from the Bay Area.
Sponsored

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
I'd love to drive by but the last time I worked in California was about 1993, damn :D! I can offer steaks in Munich, though, just in case you'll make it here.

wil932

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
A meetup is a great idea. I picked my car up a week ago and still trying to work through the setup. I would really appreciate an opportunity to talk to others going through the same connect issues that I have experienced. Hope I can make it , but if not this time then next.

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'll suggest another date around/after halloween and pick somewhere in Palo Alot or something like that - near an EA charger ;-) so we can all get our cars locked up to the charging stations and call porsche together to come save us.

my apologies on the location it's what worked this week - and since I'm the "organizer" it's what's happening this week - I'd love to see any other Taycan besides my own :clap: - all are welcome.

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
the 3 of us had a great time - Congrats to K. & his Wife M. on their new gorgeous Taycan 4S!!! and @porsche_coyote showed and and helped - weather was great, sandwiches were great - I can't wait until the next meet up!

take care all! be good to each other…K's vehicle below!! what a beauty! K's first Porsche & 1st EV!!! What a place to start!

Porsche Taycan Pre-Labor day Taycan fest - socially distance lunch meet up @ 11:45 am - Aptos, CA IMG_2020

wil932

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
the 3 of us had a great time - Congrats to K. & his Wife M. on their new gorgeous Taycan 4S!!! and @porsche_coyote showed and and helped - weather was great, sandwiches were great - I can't wait until the next meet up!

take care all! be good to each other…K's vehicle below!! what a beauty! K's first Porsche & 1st EV!!! What a place to start!

IMG_2020.jpeg
Thanks Dave for setting this up. It was great to meet you and Wiley. I especially appreciated all the help you gave me in setting up all options on the PCM I didn't even know I had or where to find them. The PlugShare app was helpful In finding the third EA charging station on the way home in Pleasanton that finally did work. Looking forward to the November get together!!

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Last edited:
OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
the pics were limited - it was @wil932 and his fantastic wife, @porsche_coyote and @daveo4EV - and Two Taycans - @wil932 and mine shown below (but not on that day)

my apologies - I’m not much a picture person, but honestly with only 4 people, and 2 Taycan’s you’ve now seen all there is to see - I’m hoping for a better turn out in November.

Porsche Taycan Pre-Labor day Taycan fest - socially distance lunch meet up @ 11:45 am - Aptos, CA DD169043-03F6-4D43-9AE2-B7C7C4DADE86
Sponsored