madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
I’m trying to understand the purpose of the precool/heat button in the lower center console.

I fully get the benefit of precooling or preheating from the Connect App or with using a departure timer but what is the purpose of the button? I’f I’m sitting in the car while it is stationary wouldn’t I just run the climate control as normal until I shut off the car and leave? If I’m not in the vehicle I would just start the precool/heat from the app.

Is the only reason to push the button on the center console for when you park and exit the vehicle (so you want to shut the car off) but you want to maintain the temperature for when you come back within the next hour?
Sponsored

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
I use it when I am running an errand/shopping and want to keep the interior of the car cool or warm for when I return.

DrT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Preheat turns on when doors are unlocked, it is handy to be able to turn it off. Also no app for me because of P Connect alarm issues

JacobDK

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I use it to turn preheat off and save battery if it is not nescecary.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Preheat turns on when doors are unlocked, it is handy to be able to turn it off. Also no app for me because of P Connect alarm issues
I am sure I turned this off in the PCM options somewhere, so it no longer automatically turns on when doors are unlocked.

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
You can deactivate the automatic preheating when unlocking the car.

Climate -> Precool/heat -> untick "Precool/heat with remote unlocking"

Porsche Taycan Precool/heat Button in Center Console Display auto_precool

OP
OP
madeyong

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
At least for me, if the car is actively preheating or precooling and you start driving it turns the “pre” feature off automatically and the regular climate control comes on like normal. So the button there is only relevant if you want to enter a vehicle that is actively preheating or precooling and you just want to turn it off and sit there without turning the car on. It seems to me the real point of the button is just to ask the car to continue to maintain temperature when you leave the vehicle for when you return.
Sponsored