Preferred default phone

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
My car seems to prefer my wife’s phone over mine. Today, when I pulled the car out of the garage, it grabbed her phone even though she was in the house and I was sitting in the car. Is there a way to set a preferred phone? My phone is listed first in the list of phones. Should I delete her phone and reassign it only to the profile linked to her key? Does the car link phone profiles to keys?
Sponsored

Flummox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Audi A8
Country flag
In my experience with Audis and VWs, if multiple phones are within range, the car will prefer the phone it was most recently connected to. You should be able to manually switch to your phone, at which point yours will become the preferred phone until your wife takes the car out without with you.

OP
OP

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
In my experience with Audis and VWs, if multiple phones are within range, the car will prefer the phone it was most recently connected to. You should be able to manually switch to your phone, at which point yours will become the preferred phone until your wife takes the car out without with you.
I don’t think that was it. My wife has never driven the car. When I first got the car, I had set up her phone on it, just because. But so far, she won’t drive it. She fears its power.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
I don’t think that was it. My wife has never driven the car. When I first got the car, I had set up her phone on it, just because. But so far, she won’t drive it. She fears its power.
I would just delete the phone. I deleted my phone from my wife's Audi for the same reason.

Hilariously, my wife also won't drive the Taycan. Although she says she will drive it after it gets its first cosmetic damage while I am driving it exclusively to avoid any possible suspicion that it happened while she was driving it. :CWL:

Rob_UK

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I’ve got the same issue as carry 2 phones. Despite deleting, repairing and even turning Bluetooth on and off for each phone I can’t find a way to select a default phone
Sponsored