Press Release: Digital, clear, sustainable: the interior of the new Porsche Taycan!

MPawelek

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1919 Ford Model T, 1931 Ford Model A, 1957 Nash Metropolitan, 2017 Mercedes SL, 2018 Ford F250
Country flag
I wish folks would quit using the silly phrase “no reliance on fossil fuels“ when they talk about EV’s at this point. Until the time all EV’s are powered by wind, solar or hydroelectric power they are 100% dependent on fossil fuels. Just turn the electricity off and see what type of mileage your EV gets...... :)
Sponsored

Reactions: Dee

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I wish folks would quit using the silly phrase “no reliance on fossil fuels“ when they talk about EV’s at this point. Until the time all EV’s are powered by wind, solar or hydroelectric power they are 100% dependent on fossil fuels. Just turn the electricity off and see what type of mileage your EV gets...... :)
That's even more true for hydrogen cars.
To produce large quantities at an affordable level of efficiency they rely on Methane Steam Reforming.
Indeed, methane (or natural gas CH4) to produce H2 but also large quantities of CO2...just dumped up in the air!
Not many people know that.

"Grey" hydrogen through MSR is about €10-15/kg.
"Bleu" hydrogen (MSR with CO2 capture) is around €20-30/kg.
"Green" hydrogen (by elektrolyse) is around €40-50/kg.

A hydrogen car can do 100km per kg H2...

But with EVs it's a start to turn into a less polution environment.
Treating emissions of power plants with scrubbers and strippers can also help to reduce CO2.
Next step is a more CO2-free power like nuclear or, like you said, solar, wind and/or hydroelectric.
Not that I'm an environmentalist all of a sudden but I see potential...

EnjoyTheDrive

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 993, MB C63 AMG 507, S2000, Nissan GTR, Tesla M3P Track option, Volvo XC40, BMW E30 325IX, Subaru Forester XT, (Had owned Tesla 85, Tesla P90D)
Country flag

You are correct, how about less reliance on fossil fuels. Although, we (I)are working towards using more solar.

And, Dee, you are correct, mileage depends on your driving style as well as the weather.

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
You are correct, how about less reliance on fossil fuels. Although, we (I)are working towards using more solar.

And, Dee, you are correct, mileage depends on your driving style as well as the weather.
It all depends on where you live and how high a percentage of your elec comes from fossil...… Some countries and or communities rely heavily on fossil and some almost not at all.... US, China and others fossil heavy..... Switzerland, Sweden and others fossil limited if even at all...….

Then YES where is the car and its components produced...… Because there is a lot of energy being used to Produce all cars with any propulsion system…...

seea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Singer Classic 911, Carrera GT, F430, Taycan 4S
Country flag
interior looks pretty awesome.
Sport Chrono clock looks a bit out of place, & is that some sort of fancy cupholder:
Porsche Taycan Press Release: Digital, clear, sustainable: the interior of the new Porsche Taycan! upload_2019-8-29_20-28-37

MPawelek

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1919 Ford Model T, 1931 Ford Model A, 1957 Nash Metropolitan, 2017 Mercedes SL, 2018 Ford F250
Country flag
It’s a mini crock pot us to heat your .....
Sauerbraten with Gingersnap Gravy

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Sport Chrono clock looks a bit out of place, & is that some sort of fancy cupholder:
upload_2019-8-29_20-28-37.png
Agree.
It depends what is in the "Sport Chrono package" but otherwise I'll skip it.
It's a pure digital car, the clock is nice for tradition but it looks out of place.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
upload_2019-8-29_20-28-37.png
That's for tube post (Porsche's analog posting system).
You can send items from and to the car.
You can choose different colors.
It's the €2500 PTPS option (Porsche Tube Post System).

Porsche Taycan Press Release: Digital, clear, sustainable: the interior of the new Porsche Taycan! images

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
what ya know the picture was right! about 240 miles range.

Kirkemon

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayman S, Ducati Superlight, Triumph Bonneville T120
Country flag
Very nice looking interior, but I'll at lest have to sit, and hopefully drive one before I can really determine. No head's up display? Where's the autopilot display?
Interesting they use the term "Green" to describe some of their interior, since Porsche was fined $600 million for emissions cheating.

OP
OP
Paulo

Paulo

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1898 Porsche P1
Country flag
didn't know where to put this shit but here´s a comp photo between the design Taycan headlight (posted about some 2/3 months) and the real headlight

Porsche Taycan Press Release: Digital, clear, sustainable: the interior of the new Porsche Taycan! 32738C53-0572-4259-9F44-B2F05B86CD8B

Porsche Taycan Press Release: Digital, clear, sustainable: the interior of the new Porsche Taycan! Clip_5

AlphaG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lotus Elise, Chevy Volt, Model X
Country flag
didn't know where to put this shit but here´s a comp photo between the design Taycan headlight (posted about some 2/3 months) and the real headlight

32738C53-0572-4259-9F44-B2F05B86CD8B.jpeg

Clip_5.jpg
You get the bluish lights if you order the Porsche matrix lighting system. The rear Porsche text also becomes the same tint.
Sponsored