Pressure Washer/Hand Wash/Automatic Wash

UroDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
812 Superfast; AMG GT 53; Taycan 4S; DB11
Country flag
For an EV like the Taycan - do you recommend only hand wash or pressure wash (1600 PSI, electric)?
I have seen people take their Teslas into automatic brush car washes - are these okay with Taycan as well?
Sponsored

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
For an EV like the Taycan - do you recommend only hand wash or pressure wash (1600 PSI, electric)?
I have seen people take their Teslas into automatic brush car washes - are these okay with Taycan as well?
I do not want to introduce additional swirl marks from commercial car washes. I intend to hand wash my Taycan. I have not had issues using a pressure washer provided you use the right tips/spray pattern and maintain the correct distance.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
The other issue with commercial car washes is damage to the rims which has happened due to the low profile tires, width of the tire, and most recently on another car the track pulling mechanism forcing the car in the air and the rim landing on the metal guide rail at the car wash (it was not a Porsche that I was washing - hence the use of the commercial car wash)

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Automatic car washes are evil.

I will stop at a self wash to rinse the car before handwashing with a rinseless product. I use Optimum No Rinse Wash & Wax with Carnauba. Only takes 20 or so minutes for a touch up.

Once a month or so I wax with Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax.

Easy, fast, beautiful.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag

I will stop at a self wash to rinse the car before handwashing with a rinseless product. I use Optimum No Rinse Wash & Wax with Carnauba. Only takes 20 or so minutes for a touch up.

Easy, fast, beautiful.
I will agree with that statement 95% of the time or more. Your standard carwash uses highly abrasive chemicals and mechanical brushes.

There is an amazing carwash here in Cincinnati - very soft cloth with mild detergents/chemicals and they only use softened water. They completely clean the interior seats/floors/dash/windows and finish-dry the exterior and apply armor-all to the tires, all for $25 + tip. Twice a year I do a full wax/detail for $150. I've taken my cars there for the last 10 years, including 5 years and over 100,000 miles on my Panamera GTS. Just amazing work.

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
Touchless car wash is what I did for the last 10 years with all my cars. I was never keen on the pristine look of a car.

Dlurker20

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Acura MDX, Mini Cooper
Country flag
Touchless car wash is what I did for the last 10 years with all my cars. I was never keen on the pristine look of a car.
Not to mention trying to clean off ice & schmutz when it’s -30F.

Chowster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag

Easy, fast, beautiful.
I'm also a big fan of Optimum products. No rinse, No rinse wash and wax, Optiseal, etc. They make great stuff. Another great product I recommend is Pinnacle liquid crystal waterless wash with carnauba. Essentially, think of it as no rinse wash and wax, but in a spray bottle. Awesome for quick washes when the car is barely dirty.

These products make washing in the garage during the winter months bearable!
Sponsored