mike-taycan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Anyone know how to prevent CarPlay from being the default audio source when you get in and start your car? I am ok if it does that when CarPlay was the last used source before exiting the vehicle. But, when I used SiriusXM as the last played source, it still wants to go back to CarPlay when I get in.
Sponsored

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
Anyone know how to prevent CarPlay from being the default audio source when you get in and start your car? I am ok if it does that when CarPlay was the last used source before exiting the vehicle. But, when I used SiriusXM as the last played source, it still wants to go back to CarPlay when I get in.
I keep the Bluetooth of my phone off. This keeps the Taycan from automatically asking for a CarPlay connection upon starting it.

OP
OP

mike-taycan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I do the same thing when I get in and remember. But not a great work around. I appreciate the update to include CarPlay, but they introduced so strange UI and setting changes.

Smithy37

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 991.2 C4 GTS. Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Just go into device manager and deselect car play - you’ll have to wait for it to connect first though.
Then, when you turn the car off, it will remember CarPlay wasn’t selected.

When you want CarPlay back on just do the reverse. It can be re-activated whilst driving.

Pretty drastic solution I know, but at least it’s a work around.
I’ve lived with this since December:headbang:

OP
OP

mike-taycan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Thanks. That’s another good tip.

DGT

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Targa 4S, '21 Cayenne S, '21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Don't have my Taycan yet, but on my 911 and Cayenne with wireless car play capabilities I have that turned off on the phone under Settings - General - Car Play. With that setting turned off wireless Car Play does not connect, but Car Play will be activated if you use a wired connection through your USB port. I'm assuming the same would work on the Taycan, but if not - my apologies.....

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I wish I had that problem, I seem to have to load car play manually every time I restart the car
Sponsored