Previous panamera owners (or anyone) do you like the Taycan better?

YWGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo, BMW i8, and EQE 500 4Matic
Country flag
The Taycan, while less spacious, has a sportier and more nimble feel in contrast to the Panamera. Where the two really diverge is in their acceleration. I feel like I'm being catapulted off a carrier deck, all the while experiencing the unrelenting and constant linear g-force, in the Taycan. The sensation is absolutely intoxicating in contrast to the big displacement ICEs I've driven.
Sponsored

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
After driving the Taycan 1 month - there is just no comparison. Drives like an S class Mercedes on the hwy, and faster than my race car when I want it to be. The interior looks like a space-ship. Just incredible.

I also believe the Olea leather interior, fit and finish, and overall look of the car is superior to the Panamera GTS that I drove for 107,000 miles, and was my favorite car until now.

HerrCooles

First Name
Herr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ice grey
Country flag
I have driven my Panamera for many years now and would not trade it in. Big, spacious and just a great car. The road location is incredible. Even at almost 300 kmH the car is on the road like no other at 100 kmH. The gauge is important. With the Taycan, it is only 5 cm shorter. I would never buy a 911. If I watch them as they hop across the streets, I am already over watching. But I think the Taycan is ideal nowadays. And I'm not alone in this view. Compare the sales figures. In Europe, over 1,000 Taycans were sold in August compared to fewer than 300 Panamera. After my children grew up, the Taycan is awesome for me.

Jared355

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan turbo s
Country flag
First EV is the turbo s and I can tell you for a fact it’s ruined me and I’ll never be able to go back to a gas powered vehicle....... it’s just insane

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I drive both. Panamera is bigger and interior is roomier and more luxurious. Taycan is smaller, more solid and better handling. It's also faster. The electric car feels like one solid piece of material, no friction, no flex, no mounted engine to move around. I actually like both cars very much. Here's the BIGGEST difference - The Taycan Turbo S is a 200 mile range car.....on a good warm day. The Panamera 4 Hybrid is a 525-600 mile range car. So for any type of LONG or extended driving, the Panamera is the car for me. For days under 150 miles of driving, the Taycan is "safe". Oh, and the Taycan has been broken far more than the Panamera.

HerrCooles

First Name
Herr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ice grey
Country flag
I drive both. Panamera is bigger and interior is roomier and more luxurious. Taycan is smaller, more solid and better handling. It's also faster. The electric car feels like one solid piece of material, no friction, no flex, no mounted engine to move around. I actually like both cars very much. Here's the BIGGEST difference - The Taycan Turbo S is a 200 mile range car.....on a good warm day. The Panamera 4 Hybrid is a 525-600 mile range car. So for any type of LONG or extended driving, the Panamera is the car for me. For days under 150 miles of driving, the Taycan is "safe". Oh, and the Taycan has been broken far more than the Panamera.
Why more broken? What is happen?

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well, the freon ran out of the AC. It was found that an O-ring was either installed wrong or was crimped and all the freon ran out. They disassembled the frunk and repaired it. Now the connect app and data services are inoperable. The car seems to need an new OTA (over the air) module to connect to the Porsche Server. Part is going to take a week to get here from Germany. And as of this morning, I am seeing 194 estimated range at 85% charged. Great driving car...but it has it's issues
Your range seems very low - what are your settings/driving style? I'm getting a steady 240 range with 85% charge, but I'm not tearing up the streets either. I'm doing a lot of backroad/city type driving, maybe 50% backroads and 50% highway and I'm not being too crazy, but not taking it easy either.

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Your range seems very low - what are your settings/driving style? I'm getting a steady 240 range with 85% charge, but I'm not tearing up the streets either. I'm doing a lot of backroad/city type driving, maybe 50% backroads and 50% highway and I'm not being too crazy, but not taking it easy either.
I drive in Normal, heat at 72-74, auto, phone plugged in, radio going, radar detector on at all times.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I drive in Normal, heat at 72-74, auto, phone plugged in, radio going, radar detector on at all times.
That’s odd - other than 70deg, I’m the same usually with heated seat and wheel. What regen are you on - I’m off. I drive in normal/low most of the time as well.
Sponsored