Novemberwhisky

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST Crayon.
Country flag
My dealer in Spain tells me the price is going up 6% across all models from 1 Feb.
Sponsored

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I bloody hope not. Since there's no MY change they can't change current orders I assume.

Let me check my contract.

Edit: checked contract. Second paragraph states "listed prices of model and options subject to change as specified in the order sheet"

So then I go to the "order sheet" and there's nothing regarding changing prices.

The wording is utterly confusing.

Yeah, we might be screwed.

Last edited:

xyeahtony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Integra 6MT, 23 CT4S
Country flag
I feel like MSRP increases are for the following model year usually, not in the middle of the model year. i could be wrong though.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I feel like MSRP increases are for the following model year usually, not in the middle of the model year. i could be wrong though.
I had the same idea and they try to compensate a bit like they did when they increased the price between MY22 and MY23 (android integration was a paid option, then became included in MY23). Anyway, if they're going to raise the price, I'm going to be mad.

I did negotiate a little over 5% discount but meh. You don't change prices in the middle of the model year 😐

OP
OP
Novemberwhisky

Novemberwhisky

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST Crayon.
Country flag
The implication from my guy is an order before the change is at current prices. Not seen the detail - meeting tomorrow to pick up a Turbo for test drive. Hoping if I plonk the deposit down and sign before feb 1 then all ok. Kind of takes the wind out of my sails with any discount negotiation.

OP
OP
Novemberwhisky

Novemberwhisky

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST Crayon.
Country flag
Ps I’m buying in Spain so uk maybe different.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ps I’m buying in Spain so uk maybe different.
I ordered from Portugal. Same Porsche Iberia SA as you.

Haven't heard a word from the dealer regarding this but I expect a call before February 1st because of my freeze date (to confirm options). Let's see if he says anything.

I did negotiate 5.56% so let's hope he doesn't screw me over.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
The implication from my guy is an order before the change is at current prices.
It may depend on different markets, but Porsche honoured the price of the car on the day that I got a commission number/allocation. Not deposit time, allocation time.

The price rose a few thousand € after that but the original price was honoured.

So if you want to be sure, ask your dealer is it deposit or allocation time the price locks. Get it in writing if you have to!

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
It may depend on different markets, but Porsche honoured the price of the car on the day that I got a commission number/allocation. Not deposit time, allocation time.

The price rose a few thousand € after that but the original price was honoured.

So if you want to be sure, ask your dealer is it deposit or allocation time the price locks. Get it in writing if you have to!
Same for me.
Price I paid was on the order when I fixed it on receiving an allocation. Because of the 12V battery shortage it was 8 months before i got the car but the price was what it had been when the spec was frozen which was nevertheless more than when I placed the order and deposit 9 months prior to the allocation.

XKSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
jag xk120, Jag XKSS, Defender, Taycan CT4, +bikes
Country flag
I bloody hope not. Since there's no MY change they can't change current orders I assume.

Let me check my contract.

Edit: checked contract. Second paragraph states "listed prices of model and options subject to change as specified in the order sheet"

So then I go to the "order sheet" and there's nothing regarding changing prices.

The wording is utterly confusing.

Yeah, we might be screwed.

This happened to me and unless it;'s locked and headed for build you will unfortunately get hit with the new price - I complained and got a few freebies

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This happened to me and unless it;'s locked and headed for build you will unfortunately get hit with the new price - I complained and got a few freebies
It should lock next week, before Feb 1st. At least that were the expectations last month.

XKSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
jag xk120, Jag XKSS, Defender, Taycan CT4, +bikes
Country flag
It should lock next week, before Feb 1st. At least that were the expectations last month.
You should be OK then - fingers crossed for you.

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
I got hit with the price hike, but by the time the order was locked it was on the new model year.
Sponsored