First Name
Erez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Panamera GTS
Country flag
Hi All.

A friend of mine received his Taycan today, specced with Privacy Glass.

While the rear sidewindows are dark tinted, the rear screen (rear windscreen) appears to be either untinted, or at the very least, much less tinted by comparison.

Is this intentional because of visibility laws, or did Porsche just mess up the tint? Anyone got privacy glass who can shed a light on the differences (if any) between the rear-sides and back windows.
Sponsored

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Hi All.

A friend of mine received his Taycan today, specced with Privacy Glass.

While the rear sidewindows are dark tinted, the rear screen (rear windscreen) appears to be either untinted, or at the very least, much less tinted by comparison.

Is this intentional because of visibility laws, or did Porsche just mess up the tint? Anyone got privacy glass who can shed a light on the differences (if any) between the rear-sides and back windows.
Yeah, it’s the same for me so I assume it’s due to regulations, as I agree it’s a little odd. Doesn’t bother me too much as still looks good and from a privacy perspective I think you would have to be a contortionist to see anything through the rear window in or out.

OP
OP
Erez123

Erez123

First Name
Erez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Panamera GTS
Country flag
Yeah, it’s the same for me so I assume it’s due to regulations, as I agree it’s a little odd. Doesn’t bother me too much as still looks good and from a privacy perspective I think you would have to be a contortionist to see anything through the rear window in or out.
Thanks for confirming. I have mine scheduled to arrive in the next couple of weeks, and would have been annoyed.
Sponsored