dantaycan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Day 4 at the shop. Not a word from the service department. At least I have a base Macan to enjoy for a loaner…sigh.
11 days and got the car back. All they did was reset the system and didn’t see any fault codes on restart, and considered it fixed. I get it’s software and if it’s not reproducing the issue, not a whole lot can be done, but I didn’t like the response I got to my reports of the back handles being overly spring and lopping kid’s digits off. “We compared your handles to another Taycan and they were the same. No issue.” It’s like Porsche tried hard to not listen to the customer. I didn’t say my car was unique. Anyway, Car Play still struggles. Garage door opening works occasionally, auto user profile switching doesn’t work, frunk won’t open consistently with swipe, safety features disabled…everything back to normal, I guess.
Sponsored

• Sad
Reactions: B61

Pvande10

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X P100D Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
excellent summary of my experiences after 5k miles. I wont mention voice control or more appropriately the complete lack of control.… Germans SW engineers do not exist…

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
spot on. I am actually changing my first generation car to a 2022 version, in the hope that some of my major and minor problems with the software have been rectified…… the car has been in too many times for software related
Problems.
Sorry that you are having to change out to a MY22 simply due to software malfunctions. But please, please, please keep your color/wheel scheme intact for your next Taycan. I get a smile on my face whenever I see pictures of your car posted on this forum. It somehow appears both badass and whimsical -- for sure yours is the star of this forum!

Dslev

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Sorry that you are having to change out to a MY22 simply due to software malfunctions. But please, please, please keep your color/wheel scheme intact for your next Taycan. I get a smile on my face whenever I see pictures of your car posted on this forum. It somehow appears both badass and whimsical -- for sure yours is the star of this forum!
I've had a whole host of ghost issues, from XM not being recognized, to antenna issues, as well as errors in emergency functions (calls and emergency stopping) not being operational, and most annoying is my system changes settings on its own, one day the box for passenger screen is checked to be on, the next it is not, lately my smlartlift settings randomly are deleted and sometimes the smartlift tap (general-vehicle-smartlift) is just missing (not greyed out but missing) and then comes back. Dealer is replacing the "control unit" to try and address these issues. Lastly my car has the most annoying AC rattle (metallic sound) that is present all the time, but goes away if I turn off the climate control. They have tried to fix the AC noise a couple of times to no avail. I love the car, love all electric, but their control systems and software seem underdeveloped and not ready for prime time.

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
Thanks! Sorry to disappoint you but I will change, however, I will assure you that it will be just as nice :cool:

Dslev

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I've had a whole host of ghost issues, from XM not being recognized, to antenna issues, as well as errors in emergency functions (calls and emergency stopping) not being operational, and most annoying is my system changes settings on its own, one day the box for passenger screen is checked to be on, the next it is not, lately my smlartlift settings randomly are deleted and sometimes the smartlift tap (general-vehicle-smartlift) is just missing (not greyed out but missing) and then comes back. Dealer is replacing the "control unit" to try and address these issues. Lastly my car has the most annoying AC rattle (metallic sound) that is present all the time, but goes away if I turn off the climate control. They have tried to fix the AC noise a couple of times to no avail. I love the car, love all electric, but their control systems and software seem underdeveloped and not ready for prime time.
Update: going to get the car, said the the AC noise is normal (no way it is), but the rest was caused by a failed control unit which they replaced. I'm going to elevate the AC noise issue to Porsche North America, and see if the control unit fixed the rest.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Update: going to get the car, said the the AC noise is normal (no way it is), but the rest was caused by a failed control unit which they replaced. I'm going to elevate the AC noise issue to Porsche North America, and see if the control unit fixed the rest.
no, the noise from the AC is not normal. dealerships will not make repairs until PCNA approves them. they will string you along, without addressing the problem until PCNA can document the problem.

when I was having the EA charging issues I made 3 visits to the dealership and until another forum user got his dealership to get PCNA to send techs out to his location nothing was done by the dealership. fortunately the techs who that other user was able to get to his location were able to replicate the problem and then they devised a fix which was then doled out to the noisier complainers.
a few others were still being sent on their way without a fix.
we advised a few people via this forum who were being sent away without a fix for their charging issues as to what their dealership had to say to PCNA to get the fix for their cars.
it is a crappy way for porsche to be doing things

kailifish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Im 5 months in and 4700 mi. same exact minor issues, voted most fav also! On my 3rd Porsche, staying here for awhile 2020 Taycan Turbo.

taycan.jpg
Nice color scheme, was this specced? or done after delivery ?

Franky

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (since 08/2021)
Country flag
Attachments from the good to know manual. Hope it helps.

45CBDE8E-3556-49F9-84BB-6EB0023096B6.png

7EBF70DA-F113-4670-A15E-DF0318EDB595.png
Sorry for the late answer - after several failed attempts it indeed finally worked this way. Thanks ??...

Slink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S, 2017 991.2. TTS, 2013 C4S
Country flag
Dslev said:
"Lastly my car has the most annoying AC rattle (metallic sound) that is present all the time, but goes away if I turn off the climate control. They have tried to fix the AC noise a couple of times to no avail".

My car makes the same AC rattle. I opened the frunk and pulled up the large black plastic. cover. The noise comes from an aluminum box right there. You can put you ear to it. Sounds a little like hamster wheel. I'll have the dealer look into it next time I'm there.

Dslev

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
no, the noise from the AC is not normal. dealerships will not make repairs until PCNA approves them. they will string you along, without addressing the problem until PCNA can document the problem.

when I was having the EA charging issues I made 3 visits to the dealership and until another forum user got his dealership to get PCNA to send techs out to his location nothing was done by the dealership. fortunately the techs who that other user was able to get to his location were able to replicate the problem and then they devised a fix which was then doled out to the noisier complainers.
a few others were still being sent on their way without a fix.
we advised a few people via this forum who were being sent away without a fix for their charging issues as to what their dealership had to say to PCNA to get the fix for their cars.
it is a crappy way for porsche to be doing things
Thank you, I'm an attorney and in a previous life only handled lemon law cases in California. Just sent a replacement demand to Porsche pursuant to the CA lemon law, if they say they can't fix it because it is "normal", which we know is not true, then let them replace the car. I'll keep you posted.

Reactions: B61

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Thank you, I'm an attorney and in a previous life only handled lemon law cases in California. Just sent a replacement demand to Porsche pursuant to the CA lemon law, if they say they can't fix it because it is "normal", which we know is not true, then let them replace the car. I'll keep you posted.
maybe your threat to lemon law the car will get them to delve deeper into your issue, good luck

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
Thanks! Sorry to disappoint you but I will change, however, I will assure you that it will be just as nice :cool:
Good to know. Your car (and probably your marriage) is my inspiration! My wife would never ride with me if I had an uber cool race-inspired design like yours, and we would end up driving her SUV whenever we went out -- just to keep the peace!
Sponsored