Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
If CarPlay doesn’t kick in automatically click on devices and then on the “play” icon (3rd one along) for your phone. Pretty much always activates it for me

The annoying issue I’ve got is the alarm (and delayed bike rack - now end Oct earliest). Everything else is minor.

The really big issue is the Swiss speed limit but heyho…
Sponsored

RallyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT
Country flag
My sport sound which I paid extra for won’t save. Dealers solution was to add an extra turn to the mode wheel so I get in and turn the wheel to get the sound on. Great… but for what we are paying can’t I at least have my settings save? Some days my phone connects and Waze pops up but most days not.

I get so many random errors, key not found- took in battery replaced, keep in cup holder, still getting error.
Driver control required- not using cruise or assist, both hands on wheel, took to dealer, still getting error. Lane assist wasn’t working. Dealer had car for two weeks.

Park Assist function not available- driving still possible
Emergency Call Service Error - service required
Lane Keep Assist Limited - Temporary condition driving still possible
Warn and Brake Assist Limited - See Owners Manual

and most recent Chassis Error continued driving possibly with adjustment see owners manual. Before this orange error popped up there was a red one that said stop driving immediately and service. Needless to say I had it towed in.
The last time I left the dealer they said ignore the errors unless they stick around or say to service. What the hell?
Am I crazy to have higher expectations for a new Porsche?
I Love driving it but it’s become a real headache. I just want everything to work and not have to wonder every other day if I should take errors seriously or not.

I’m looking into lemon law. The question is would I be better off paying more and getting a newer version or would that not matter?

Does Porsche have these software problems on any other models?
C
I had a 2011 Panamera Turbo and had many of these random fault errors (chassis, stop vehicle immediately, etc) and sold the car for these reasons.

I ordered a CT to be delivered in January. I certainly hope it’s not Deja Vu.

Mr. 2021 Taycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have the same issues plus more.

LKA almost never recognizes well define road markings, so doesn’t work.

Cruise fails to detect stopped vehicle in front when approaching from beyond initial detection range ( dangerous).

Surround camera does not show camera views.

Hardware is awesome but tech is second rate and not consistent with Porsche engineering standards.

Cinbow

First Name
Cynthia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
4 months and 3,360 miles driven. The only issue I have is when I exit my car the steering wheel does not rise up. The seat goes back but the wheel remains where I have it set. This is not a problem for me but eventually I would like to get it fixed. The dealer has no idea how to fix it yet. I think its a chip issue and we all know what the changes are of getting that chip replaced. Slim to none at this time. Otherwise my 4S is performing flawlessly.
Wait…. The steering wheel is supposed to go up? Never happened in mine…

Reactions: B61

vmporsche

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My sport sound which I paid extra for won’t save. Dealers solution was to add an extra turn to the mode wheel so I get in and turn the wheel to get the sound on. Great… but for what we are paying can’t I at least have my settings save? Some days my phone connects and Waze pops up but most days not.

I get so many random errors, key not found- took in battery replaced, keep in cup holder, still getting error.
Driver control required- not using cruise or assist, both hands on wheel, took to dealer, still getting error. Lane assist wasn’t working. Dealer had car for two weeks.

and most recent Chassis Error continued driving possibly with adjustment see owners manual. Before this orange error popped up there was a red one that said stop driving immediately and service. Needless to say I had it towed in.
The last time I left the dealer they said ignore the errors unless they stick around or say to service. What the hell?
I Love driving it but it’s become a real headache. I just want everything to work and not have to wonder every other day if I should take errors seriously or not.

I’m looking into lemon law. The question is would I be better off paying more and getting a newer version or would that not matter?

C
I am getting the same errors as you, and the chassis error is new for me, too. No, we should expect more-- this is crazy.

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
You caught the essence of the frunk opening issue: for me, also, (without using the key) it only opens when I wash the car!..I am OK w/ that as long as it doesn't decide to open when an squirrel crosses my path on the highway!
Long press the lock and unlock buttons on keyfob before washing the car and it will disable Comfort Access (and thus fixes your problem). Press any button on keyfob to reenable Comfort Access.

TYKHAAAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Ram 2500, Hyundai Pallisade
At nearly 14k miles in 10 months, yeah i concur with most of what you have said and experienced all of those annoyances. I would add, the Apple Car play issue where when your iPhone connects to the car, it almost always changes the input to the phone instead of leaving it where it was. Another is the removal of the ability to see what is playing on Sirius channels without tuning to the channel. It has by and large been a ridiculously awesome car but held back by these nagging issues. Porsche, if you guys are reading these please address these issues with software updates for your existing fleet but take care not to break any other features that are working just fine.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I am a bit annoyed, that the music shuffle is often (always?) disabled, when I start the car.

I also don't like, that in the 4 zone climate control, I cannot control the climate for the back seats while driving.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
I have not seen much on this, but my interior monitor alarm pretty much goes off all the time. I turned off (unchecked the box) in the PCM Vehicle locking. However, the car likes to turn it back on, so I had to add the reminder when the car is shut off so I can turn off the interior monitor.

Told the dealer about it, but they can look at it when they get my powered steering column as its more of an annoyance with a pretty easy work around.

dantaycan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag

C
I think I have your car! Everything you described happened to mine along with the list from the initial post. It’s in the shop now with a long “fix it” list. I also have kids missing fingers from the crazy sprung handles in back. When the car works, it’s a blast. I just have to adjust my seat, switch to my profile…again, fight with Car Play for 30 minutes, disable safety features so my car doesn’t skid to a stop on left turns…you know, the normal stuff

Gambler

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN 4
Country flag
Recup disengage suddenly with bumps, frunk won't open unless during wash, SIRUS "subscription was changes" PCM message every time I step in the car, rattle noise allover (got fixed 80% with foam), locking the car from driving door is challenging and woks fine with the rear doors for some odd reasons

vmporsche

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Recup disengage suddenly with bumps, frunk won't open unless during wash, SIRUS "subscription was changes" PCM message every time I step in the car, rattle noise allover (got fixed 80% with foam), locking the car from driving door is challenging and woks fine with the rear doors for some odd reasons
Is anyone seriously considering seeking a buyback at this point? I really want to like this car, I ordered it with every option I wanted, but the number of issues I have with the car, however minor they may be (except for the ParkAssist and Rear Cross Traffic alerts, which really concern me) make it difficult to enjoy the vehicle. I'm beginning to miss my Model 3 Performance.

Cinbow

First Name
Cynthia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I think I have your car! Everything you described happened to mine along with the list from the initial post. It’s in the shop now with a long “fix it” list. I also have kids missing fingers from the crazy sprung handles in back. When the car works, it’s a blast. I just have to adjust my seat, switch to my profile…again, fight with Car Play for 30 minutes, disable safety features so my car doesn’t skid to a stop on left turns…you know, the normal stuff
It sounds comical but really what a let down

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
> Park Assist function not available- driving still possible

That happened to me today. Cameras are still working, but the silhouette of the car dissapear from the screen (360 view).
I'm in the office right now... and I'll check in an hour, if that workaround "leave the car locked for 20 minutes" works in this case....

Edit: locking fixed the problem. I mean, after about an hour, I went down to the garage, put in Reverse, everything worked OK.

Last edited:

dantaycan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
It sounds comical but really what a let down
Day 4 at the shop. Not a word from the service department. At least I have a base Macan to enjoy for a loaner…sigh.
Sponsored