Gary w

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycon4s
Country flag
Since I had the major update, the regeneration feature keeps turning off when driving. I’ve asked numerous people at the dealership and I keep getting different answers on why it keeps turning off. Has anybody else experiences.
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
regeneration can not be turned off - it's an essential part of the blended braking system and can not be disabled…regeneration is _ALWAYS_ used as part of the braking system of the vehicle when you engage the brake pedal - the degree to which any braking event is regeneration + friction braking is solely and exclusively under control of the vehicle dynamic's system (porsche's software) for any given circumstance and applied brake pressure and vehicle, battery, current situation…

if you're referring to the slight amount of regeneration when you lift off the accelerator that indicator no longer illuminates when you have cruise control engaged (because ACC does it automatically).

what has changed is the indication of "auto regen" - regen that is done automatically by the vehicle when you lift off the accelerator.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Pages 237 & 238 in the manual - the button and indicator on the steeting wheel are what is referred to by Porsche as "overrun recuperation"

there are 3 modes
Off - no recuperation when off the accelerator (coasting)
On - slight deceleration of the vehicle when off the accelerator
Auto - vehicle increase/decrease recuperation based on distance to vehicles around you (mostly in front of you)

when in ACC/Innovdrive the vehicle does this automatically to maintain distance set by the driver - so the indicator is no longer illuminated - I also noticed this as a recent change post software update. but honestly nothing has changed other than the indicator.

Porsche Taycan Problems with regeneration feature on 4S Taycan since the major update 1C1164AE-3E66-4F8D-9A59-2D406E250979

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
... the regeneration feature keeps turning off when driving.
Can you give us more information on what you are seeing? Are you turning 'Overrun recoup' ON (you will see the icon on the lower left of the main driver screen) and then you see it go OFF on its own?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Since I had the major update, the regeneration feature keeps turning off when driving. I’ve asked numerous people at the dealership and I keep getting different answers on why it keeps turning off. Has anybody else experiences.
Do you mean 'Auto Recuperation' - if so there are documented situations where it will disable.

Recuperation is available by default through braking (no need to push the recuperation button on the steering wheel).

Recuperation may not be available for several weeks post uPdate (this was my situation) as the system and brakes effectively 're-learn' - could this be the explanation?

Recuperation is never available for the first mile or so.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Can you give us more information on what you are seeing? Are you turning 'Overrun recoup' ON (you will see the icon on the lower left of the main driver screen) and then you see it go OFF on its own?
Do you mean 'Auto Recuperation' - if so there are documented situations where it will disable.

Recuperation is available by default through braking (no need to push the recuperation button on the steering wheel).

Recuperation may not be available for several weeks post uPdate (this was my situation) as the system and brakes effectively 're-learn' - could this be the explanation?

Recuperation is never available for the first mile or so.
+1 for these posts - I over simplified

the basic message is: Recuperation is NOT under your control - and it is either used or not used 100% under control of the vehicle software systems - you can not "enable" recuperation - you can not "disable" recuperation…

what you have control over is "overrun recuperation" which controls how much the vehicle will do any recuperation when otherwise coasting (i.e. you are off the accelerator)…there have been changes in how overrun recuperation's status is indicated on the dash board with the latest update…

the only indication of "recuperation" (which remains after update) is the "green bar" on the center gauge which goes from about the 8 pm position to the top-dead-center and illuminates when braking to show regenation?

are you saying you no longer have _ANY_ green bar on the power meter EVER?

or are you referring to the "little" battery with a arrow circult (pic below) on the lower dash controlled by the steering wheel button?

Porsche Taycan Problems with regeneration feature on 4S Taycan since the major update 5B457D9E-0EA8-4014-B03A-545497BE000C

OP
OP

Gary w

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycon4s
Country flag
regeneration can not be turned off - it's an essential part of the blended braking system and can not be disabled…regeneration is _ALWAYS_ used as part of the braking system of the vehicle when you engage the brake pedal - the degree to which any braking event is regeneration + friction braking is solely and exclusively under control of the vehicle dynamic's system (porsche's software) for any given circumstance and applied brake pressure and vehicle, battery, current situation…

if you're referring to the slight amount of regeneration when you lift off the accelerator that indicator no longer illuminates when you have cruise control engaged (because ACC does it automatically).

what has changed is the indication of "auto regen" - regen that is done automatically by the vehicle when you lift off the accelerator.
It’s the feature that when engaged it’s a circle with the A when you get too close to another car, it starts automatically breaking by itself. Why does it keep turning off?
yes, when I turn it on, it goes off by itself and before the update, it stayed on all the time

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
do you have cruise control enabled?

mine goes off when I have ACC/Innodrive enabled.

I haven't paid attention otherwise

I woudn't sweat it - but yeah overrun recuperation behavior has changed post software update - but it was never really much a factor - the main regeneration/recuperation is still available and was never under the driver's control (other than via the brake pedal) in any case.

OP
OP

Gary w

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycon4s
Country flag
+1 for these posts - I over simplified

the basic message is: Recuperation is NOT under your control - and it is either used or not used 100% under control of the vehicle software systems - you can not "enable" recuperation - you can not "disable" recuperation…

what you have control over is "overrun recuperation" which controls how much the vehicle will do any recuperation when otherwise coasting (i.e. you are off the accelerator)…there have been changes in how overrun recuperation's status is indicated on the dash board with the latest update…

the only indication of "recuperation" (which remains after update) is the "green bar" on the center gauge which goes from about the 8 pm position to the top-dead-center and illuminates when braking to show regenation?

are you saying you no longer have _ANY_ green bar on the power meter EVER?

or are you referring to the "little" battery with a arrow circult (pic below) on the lower dash controlled by the steering wheel button?

5B457D9E-0EA8-4014-B03A-545497BE000C.jpeg
I am referring to the battery with the a when I have it turned on after a while it keeps turning off by itself. It did not do this before the major update, and I can’t get a answer from any mechanics why this is causing this to turn off.

Mathys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 X3 30e
Country flag
I think it’s resetting/relearning like when it was brand new.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I am referring to the battery with the a when I have it turned on after a while it keeps turning off by itself. It did not do this before the major update, and I can’t get a answer from any mechanics why this is causing this to turn off.
It is dependent on the camera and sensors tracking an object (car) in front.

Read the manual for a fuller explanation and limitations to use.

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
How do I reset it or do I need to take it to the dealership?
Like daveo said the auto regen will not stay on if you have ACC on even in passive mode. Make sure it is completely turned off by tapping the end of the stalk at 7 0'clokc position.

If your camera is obstructed. You will get a yellow warning in the dash, do you have any alerts?

OP
OP

Gary w

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycon4s
Country flag
Like daveo said the auto regen will not stay on if you have ACC on even in passive mode. Make sure it is completely turned off by tapping the end of the stalk at 7 0'clokc position.

If your camera is obstructed. You will get a yellow warning in the dash, do you have any alerts?
I have no alerts. What is the ACC and where would I find that button?