thinkbusiness

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Called my dealer and my production finished date just got pushed back 3 weeks, almost certainly due to the 12V battery shortage. Apparently there was an accident in the factory producing the Taycan batteries.

let’s hope this is the only delay. I also have Bose in my config so that may also be another reason for the delay.

My dealer advised me to check in regularly because the dates can change on a daily basis.
Sponsored

GEE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
Called my dealer and my production finished date just got pushed back 3 weeks, almost certainly due to the 12V battery shortage. Apparently there was an accident in the factory producing the Taycan batteries.

let’s hope this is the only delay. I also have Bose in my config so that may also be another reason for the delay.

My dealer advised me to check in regularly because the dates can change on a daily basis.
You're very lucky if you just have a 3 weeks delay.

I have ordered a RWD ST while waiting for my GTS ST. It was built in July for end July delivery. But, it has been sitting around every since (I believe at the docks), waiting for the elusive 12v! New ETA is Nov!! :angry:

jld1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S23
Country flag
I also had a 3 week delay. Went from 10/14 to 11/4 (14/10 to 4/11 for non-US). However my car was supposed to have started building already but it doesn't appear that's the case. Who knows. I'll be happy if I get it before 2023.

OP
OP
thinkbusiness

thinkbusiness

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag

I have ordered a RWD ST while waiting for my GTS ST. It was built in July for end July delivery. But, it has been sitting around every since (I believe at the docks), waiting for the elusive 12v! New ETA is Nov!! :angry:
I didn’t know this 12V issue has been affecting deliveries for so long as July production dates. I just hope I can pick up my car before my birthday in November 😉

poppap

First Name
Pop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Taycan RWD (PNYVW213)
Country flag
I didn’t know this 12V issue has been affecting deliveries for so long as July production dates. I just hope I can pick up my car before my birthday in November 😉
Yup... Production was completed in early July for mine, it has not reached Port of Emden as of now and is being stored in the Porsche Werk facility between the factory and the port. The "on vessel" date is currently scheduled for Nov 4 for December delivery. We shall see what will actually happen...

backslashed

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Mine is at the dealer since late July, sitting around without the 12V battery. There is a PCB shortage so the battery production rate is low. Your car is late for other reasons. Porsche is continuously producing Taycans without the battery. I hope we all get them soon! Keep us posted!

goofysurfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayman 981 2.7, 4CT
Country flag
Yup... Production was completed in early July for mine, it has not reached Port of Emden as of now and is being stored in the Porsche Werk facility between the factory and the port. The "on vessel" date is currently scheduled for Nov 4 for December delivery. We shall see what will actually happen...
Mine also completed in early July and I have the same Nov 4 "on vessel" date with a Dec 16 for it arriving at PECLA.

KrS

First Name
Kristof
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4
Country flag
Called my dealer and my production finished date just got pushed back 3 weeks

When did you order, and what was your initial date of delivery?
I ordered a 4CT at the end of january, car should be ready in factory at the beginning of december ...

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
Wait your on vessel date ended up back as 11/4? Mine bumped forward to 10/14, thought yours did too but did it get pushed back to 11/4 again?

diegomedinaf

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag

probably parked next to mine. Nov 11

poppap

First Name
Pop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Taycan RWD (PNYVW213)
Country flag
Wait your on vessel date ended up back as 11/4? Mine bumped forward to 10/14, thought yours did too but did it get pushed back to 11/4 again?
Always been 11/04, had never moved up.

OP
OP
thinkbusiness

thinkbusiness

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
When did you order, and what was your initial date of delivery?
I ordered a 4CT at the end of january, car should be ready in factory at the beginning of december ...
initial production ready was October 7th. Got pushed to 21st and is now 28th. Porsche just doesn’t have a clue.

I plan to call my dealership in 2 weeks to get a new update. I am not expecting it in November. What a sh*t show from a poorly organized luxury brand.

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
Always been 11/04, had never moved up.
Oof, sorry to hear, though I think the 10/14 was also a random placeholder. Here’s hoping we hear in the next 2 weeks if we’re on our way/on the next Benicia bound boat

Cooper63

First Name
Cooper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD (2022)
Country flag
Oof, sorry to hear, though I think the 10/14 was also a random placeholder. Here’s hoping we hear in the next 2 weeks if we’re on our way/on the next Benicia bound boat
If its not, I don't know what to expect next........................
Sponsored