Production Started in July, Still at the Factory 3 Months later?

ElectricSoul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2021 Taycan 4 CT in Crayon
Country flag
Several threads on this forum have posts about vehicles that started production in July and that still haven't left Zuffenhausen 2 months later.

I'm hearing that some of these vehicles will be held until at least mid-October.

Anyone else in that situation? What have you been told about the missing pieces?
Does anyone how they are kept at the factory? Is the charge rate maintained at optimal levels to preserve the battery?
Sponsored

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
I am in this situation . I have a MY21 CT4S stuck at the factory since early july that is expected to leave october 15th. I ordered exact same car (except MY22) first week of september and it has the same transport date (october 15th).

Lots of people on this forum have a transport date around that exact same time I believe. Perhaps missing parts are expected to come in then ? I read somewhere that production would be stopped in november and december in order to deal with delayed cars instead. Can't recall the source sorry.

OP
OP

ElectricSoul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I assume you will just take the MY22 at that point.

For those of us without that option, I hope they can get software updated at the factory.

MohCT4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
I’m in the same boat. Ordered my 4CT way back in April. Freeze in June. Production started(apparently) on 7/6. Since then my production completion date has been pushed countless times. It is now at 10/15 with a delivery date of 12/3.

vdr

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe a Taycan...
Country flag
I assume you will just take the MY22 at that point.

For those of us without that option, I hope they can get software updated at the factory.
My '21 4S purportedly entered production on 07/20 with completion now estimated at 10/15. Delivery to my dealer has now been pushed from what started as 08/06 to 11/26.

If these new dates stand firm I'll be taking delivery of my '21 about a month after some people receive their 22's

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
Same situation here (Texas/US)with a CT4. Not much info out there, though dealer has said they’ve had other customer Taycans at port for months waiting on parts, so even if cars start shipping stateside they’ll be stuck until the parts arrive.

I’d be really shocked and disappointed if MY22s make it out the same time or before MY21s. Even without many updates, the long term residual will be lower, likely more than the $2500 difference for MY22.

Bajas21

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Roughly same situation for me. The SA said mine missing extra key, phone charger and sport sound, but none of that would qualify for stop sale. Mine was due to originally due to be delivered in August, now showing 12/3, but it’s been pushed so many times, not hopefully at this point. Things seem to have gone from bad to worse....

FBruyninckx

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s Cross Turismo
Country flag
Same issue here. MY21 CT4S ordered in march.. still at the factory in production since july

vdr

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe a Taycan...
Country flag
Nothing updated at all. Still showing a production completion estimate of 10/15 with a delivery of 11/26. There's another thread in here started by a member scheduled to take delivery of his '22 4S shortly with his production completed a couple of weeks ago and reportedly no open issues. His build code shows roughly the same config as mine w/two exceptions; I ordered the 18 way seats and he has the tech package. All else is the same. I was speculating on the other thread if, somehow, the 18 way seats are the issue....

OP
OP

ElectricSoul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nothing updated at all. Still showing a production completion estimate of 10/15 with a delivery of 11/26. There's another thread in here started by a member scheduled to take delivery of his '22 4S shortly with his production completed a couple of weeks ago and reportedly no open issues. His build code shows roughly the same config as mine w/two exceptions; I ordered the 18 way seats and he has the tech package. All else is the same. I was speculating on the other thread if, somehow, the 18 way seats are the issue....
I have the 14-way seats spec-ed, so I doubt that's the bottleneck currently.

jcroix

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have the 14-way seats spec-ed, so I doubt that's the bottleneck currently.
I may be the member referred to in an earlier post with the MY22 showing up in a couple of weeks. I haven’t been able to figure out if there’s a specific package or body style leading to the delay of MY21’s, which now has me thinking that it’s the chip shortage. It may be that the 22’s have had one or more components redesigned to utilize different equipment for some functionality, but that equipment isn’t a plug-in replacement for the MY21 component(s). If the 21’s are partially assembled, just waiting on older PCBs or ICs, it could explain why 22’s are going out the door complete. That’s the only thing that I can come up with so far that might explain the delta.

Reactions: vdr

Greenmachine

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 Range Rover, Tacoma
Country flag
My highly specced 21 CT went in and out of production in less than a week early September- order placed mid April with July lock date.

Just mentioned it because I don’t think your production delays are 21 or 22 specific I’m afraid.

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mino cooper S, waiting for taycan CT
Country flag
My highly specced 21 CT went in and out of production in less than a week early September- order placed mid April with July lock date.

Just mentioned it because I don’t think your production delays are 21 or 22 specific I’m afraid.
What was your spec or build?mine has all the “tech” options. The options that it doesn’t have are the PDCC and ptv but it has everything else that might require chips; tech and premium pkg, pdls+, sport sound, folding mirrors, charge cover, heated rear seats, heated steering wheel and 14 way seats
Sponsored