Production Started in July, Still at the Factory 3 Months later?

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mino cooper S, waiting for taycan CT
Country flag
@amelen I know you may not have the answer but your connections might, did you hear anything regarding this issue with the 21CT’s?
Sponsored

vdr

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe a Taycan...
Country flag
@amelen I know you may not have the answer but your connections might, did you hear anything regarding this issue with the 21CT’s?
It’s not just the CT’s. Mine is a regular ol’ 4S

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It’s not just the CT’s. Mine is a regular ol’ 4S
It’s honestly a little bit frustrating. When I was placing the order in June, I picked the MY21 specifically because it was supposed to be delivered in September. I placed the order with a dealer an hour away from my place because they were the ones that have the September deliveries the one close to my place had allocations for November delivery for MY22. Maybe I should have done the MY22. I hope it all works out at the end. I wish we don’t get anymore delays because it is already delayed twice.

Greenmachine

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 Range Rover, Tacoma
Country flag
What was your spec or build?mine has all the “tech” options. The options that it doesn’t have are the PDCC and ptv but it has everything else that might require chips; tech and premium pkg, pdls+, sport sound, folding mirrors, charge cover, heated rear seats, heated steering wheel and 14 way seats
I have pretty much the same with ACC but no powered charge port, HUD, passenger display or night vision.

i think this was the last build code
PMPJF5B0

sorry that you have so little information from Porsche to go from.

my car was almost three weeks behind the TYD schedule and then suddenly jumped through a couple of stages and was on its way to the port. Or at least that’s where I hope it is.

Good luck with your, hopefully it will appear on a boat very soon.

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have pretty much the same with ACC but no powered charge port, HUD, passenger display or night vision.

i think this was the last build code
PMPJF5B0

sorry that you have so little information from Porsche to go from.

my car was almost three weeks behind the TYD schedule and then suddenly jumped through a couple of stages and was on its way to the port. Or at least that’s where I hope it is.

Good luck with your, hopefully it will appear on a boat very soon.
I forgot that I also Optioned the innodrive with ALK

when did it start production?

vdr

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe a Taycan...
Country flag
It’s honestly a little bit frustrating. When I was placing the order in June, I picked the MY21 specifically because it was supposed to be delivered in September. I placed the order with a dealer an hour away from my place because they were the ones that have the September deliveries the one close to my place had allocations for November delivery for MY22. Maybe I should have done the MY22. I hope it all works out at the end. I wish we don’t get anymore delays because it is already delayed twice.
exactly the same reason why I went with my May order, my other car was coming off lease in July and this particular allocation was scheduled for delivery in early August. This issue with chips is clearly something that few predicted and I completely understand the delay(s). What I don’t understand is how my ‘21 is languishing in “Production” for months while MY22’s with the same options and more are being loaded on boats and potentially moving to dealers for delivery without a word of explanation from my dealer and/or Porsche NA.

Last edited:

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
issue with the 21CT’s
"issue with the 21CT’s" = delays? Everything is being delayed now - I mentioned it in a couple of threads a few months back to expect more delays than Porsche's system or SA are aware of at the time. Shitty situation - Mercedes is about to have it even worse - some have build orders that are going to get pushed back 9mo+.

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
"issue with the 21CT’s" = delays? Everything is being delayed now - I mentioned it in a couple of threads a few months back to expect more delays than Porsche's system or SA are aware of at the time. Shitty situation - Mercedes is about to have it even worse - some have build orders that are going to get pushed back 9mo+.
We’re all aware of this. What’s coming out in this and other threads is ‘22s tracking ahead of ‘21s. I didn’t think that would be possible but there are now ‘22s on ships with earlier delivery dates than our ‘21s sitting unfinished at the factory.

I have no issue with others receiving cars on time or ahead of schedule but I’m estimating the residual hit of an older model year being a significant chunk of $$ - while I and others will be receiving an “older” and likely less valuable car after ‘22s are already on the road.

Last edited:
Reactions: vdr

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
We’re all aware of this. What’s coming out in this and other threads is ‘22s tracking ahead of ‘21s. I didn’t think that would be possible but there are now ‘22s on ships with earlier delivery dates than our ‘21s sitting unfinished at the factory.

I have no issue with others receiving cars on time or ahead of schedule but I’m estimating the residual hit of an older model year being a significant chunk of $$ - while I and others will be receiving an “older” and likely less valuable car after ‘22s are already on the road.
Got it - let me poke around and see. Probably some software/hardware delay. When I got my '21 last year, I know it was sitting in port for a while (in Germany) waiting for a software update. Similarly, those with the 19kw charging option also sat around for a while because that part was missing. I'm guessing the '22's are coming stock with some software/hardware that's back-ordered for the '21, but I'll see what I can find out.

Also - in ~1.5 weeks I'm speaking at a bunch of auto conferences (driving sales, digital dealer, etc..) - usually a time when all the auto guys get together and I get a lot of extra intel - so I'll keep you guys posted.

MohCT4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Got it - let me poke around and see. Probably some software/hardware delay. When I got my '21 last year, I know it was sitting in port for a while (in Germany) waiting for a software update. Similarly, those with the 19kw charging option also sat around for a while because that part was missing. I'm guessing the '22's are coming stock with some software/hardware that's back-ordered for the '21, but I'll see what I can find out.

Also - in ~1.5 weeks I'm speaking at a bunch of auto conferences (driving sales, digital dealer, etc..) - usually a time when all the auto guys get together and I get a lot of extra intel - so I'll keep you guys posted.
Thanks @amelen ! Any intel would be appreciated. 1.5 weeks will be the moment of truth for most of us waiting. I think everyone on this thread is hoping that the 10/15 production completion date is actually accurate. But tbh, I'm not holding my breath.

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Thanks for the offer!

ChronoMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Taycan CT
Country flag
We took literally our dealership's first CT allocation back in May. Production started 7/15 and still apparently sitting at the factory waiting for TPMS. Now showing 12/31 estimated delivery in TYD.

Meanwhile, the dealer's second CT allocation, which was slotted for delivery 2 weeks after ours (for a higher spec CT4S) is now on the Glovis Sun. Dont want to be a cynic and conclude that higher MSRP cars are being prioritized in production, but hard to come to any contrary conclusion in this case.

No information from Porsche or from dealer. No faith in a 2021 delivery at this point. With the likely loss of the US Federal EV tax credit for the Taycan next year and '22s inbound by then, we question weather it makes sense to stick with a '21, especially when, as it seems, no compensation is being offered.

OP
OP

ElectricSoul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2021 Taycan 4 CT in Crayon
Country flag
Haven't heard anything for a while. I wonder if any MY21 are leaving the factory or is it all MY22 at the moment?

TaycanCT4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Anyone else still stuck?

Sadly my MY ‘21 4S is further delayed… now slated for a late January/Early Feb delivery :(
Sponsored