Progress - of a sort - fast charging at race tracks…

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
interesting “trend” - there is now a 16 stall Tesla supercharger install going on at Buttonwillow Raceway in California (construction in progress so we’re beyond permit stage) & an 8 stall Tesla Supercharger in permit stage for Laguna Seca, CA…now we all know this doesn’t help the Taycan “yet” - but this is a good sign that this sort of infrastructure is making it’s way to recreational use…

if Tesla opens up superchargers - well I’m not holding my breath

once they have the big infrastructure in place for Tesla Superchargers then perhaps other CCS based fast charging will be easier…

interesting

CCS may take a while because the Taycan is the only “track worthy” EV other than the Model 3 - and I use ‘track worthy’ relatively to other EV’s vs. gas cars we’ve still got a longs ways to go - but you can rally a Taycan or Model 3 (and potentially a plaid) for a day at the track - at track fast charging will make it almost normal and you should be able to do all 4-6 20-30 min sessions if you can fast charge between sessions.

progress progress progress - can’t wait to see where were are in 2024/2025/2026 with the MIssion R
Sponsored

Gubbjaevel

First Name
F
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TaycanT'20
Country flag
progress progress progress - can’t wait to see where were are in 2024/2025/2026 with the MIssion R
Amen. Weight has to go down. Next gen / solid state batt will help with that.

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
I heard if tesla would open supercharges, it would be to gain access to tax incentives. Does anyone know of this is related to the proposed infrastructure bill?
Sponsored