Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
You're correct about it being like Tesla when getting in and driving off. The difference is when you're leaving. You have two options.
1. Park the car, get out and lock the door. The car will turn off but the comfort exit will not activate.
2. Park the car, hold the power button for 3 seconds, get out and lock the car. The comfort access will activate.
Or if you walk away with the keys it will lock itself. Too bad about no comfort access though.
Sponsored

OP
OP

EVOG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Or if you walk away with the keys it will lock itself. Too bad about no comfort access though.
It does not lock if you walk away with the keys. It will only lock if you press the button on the fob or press the button on the door handle.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Really? Swell. It’s supposed to, according to the manual. From my earlier post:

Leaving and locking the vehicle
When you leave the vehicle and take the vehicle key with you, the vehicle is locked automatically and switches off completely. If the Power button is pressed for longer than 3 seconds, the vehicle is switched off manually.

Brassfactory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
You're correct about it being like Tesla when getting in and driving off. The difference is when you're leaving. You have two options.
1. Park the car, get out and lock the door. The car will turn off but the comfort exit will not activate.
2. Park the car, hold the power button for 3 seconds, get out and lock the car. The comfort access will activate.
Are you sure about 1? The quote above says it locks automatically and you don’t have to lock it. I like that aspect of the Tesla more than ‘comfort access.’ I hope it’s an option.

OP
OP

EVOG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Are you sure about 1? The quote above says it locks automatically and you don’t have to lock it. I like that aspect of the Tesla more than ‘comfort access.’ I hope it’s an option.
Yes I've tried both options in my car. The only way to activate comfort exit is to manually press the power button.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Yes I've tried both options in my car. The only way to activate comfort exit is to manually press the power button.
i think the question was whether or not the car turns off and locks itself when you walk away with the key, without having pressed the power button. Understood that comfort access exit requires manually hitting the power button.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Cons:
5. The process to exit the car is a bit inefficient. In order to activate the comfort entry (exit - sit moves back, steering wheel moves out of the way) you have to hold the power button down a few seconds to turn the car off. I would have liked if it behaved like a Tesla in this case. When you open the door after putting the car in Park, the comfort "exit" is activated. Also you have to press the door handle to lock the car instead of it locking when the key is far enough away.
Congrats man, I am sufficient jealous, since my production/delivery has been pushed back by at least 3 months - and now the virus...

This to me looks like a Pro item. I like it the way it works on my Audi!

I am also very very happy, if the experience is sufficiently different to my MS90D, because that car I want to delete from my memory ASAP.

ThomasDK

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW I3
Country flag
The car I tried extracted the seat the second you opened the door. No need to “stop” the car.
only problem can be the back passenger :)

DennisB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
3. Not a fan of the back of the car. It looks like the rear diffuser (I think that's what it's called) was an after thought by the design team. It doesn't fit the other clean lines on the car.

My thoughts exactly. There is no angle even with the sport package where the rear lower part of the bumper looks like a well thought through design.

Hopefully techart or another tuning company comes up with something better.

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
Thanks for this extended list of pros and cons. I encourage other new owners to give such lists on this forum, and to give their reports of mileage range in the real world, and to write their long-distance trip experiences (like louv/Don has been doing for weeks now on that dedicated thread).

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
No idea, but just curious - why would you want to do that?
Bugs in software. :cool:

And I haven't found a way to do it either.

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
Side Note: When pulling up to a Charging Station, you'll want to fully power off the car (Press & Hold the power button for 3 seconds). Some Charging Stations will fail to charge the car if the "ignition" is ON. Most Charging stations don't care, but some do. If a DC Fast Charger fails to start charging, double check that your car is OFF.

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
Side Note: When pulling up to a Charging Station, you'll want to fully power off the car (Press & Hold the power button for 3 seconds). Some Charging Stations will fail to charge the car if the "ignition" is ON. Most Charging stations don't care, but some do. If a DC Fast Charger fails to start charging, double check that your car is OFF.
thanks for the very good tip!
Sponsored