jvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey CT4
Country flag
Protective film for luggage compartment lid, front fascia, front fenders, and upper exterior mirror trims.
Note: Depending on the selected exterior mirror, the protection film will be applied to the painted or Carbon Fiber portions.
Is this new? I don't remember seeing it in the options list. Is it factory or port or dealer applied? Anyone with any experience with this option? Is $2760 competitive with 3rd party work?

TIA
Sponsored

GG77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayenne S
Country flag
Is this new? I don't remember seeing it in the options list. Is it factory or port or dealer applied? Anyone with any experience with this option? Is $2760 competitive with 3rd party work?

TIA
Where does this show up in the configurator?

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Not available on Taycan, at least in US configurator. It's available on 911.

RallyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT
Country flag

TIA
I saw this yesterday for the first time. I think it is new.

GG77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayenne S
Country flag
Damn yeah.. Just saw it for the first time too, for non CT Taycan...and a day before freeze date lol pfftt

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

TIA
It would be really convenient to get it done by Porsche. That being said, this seems more expensive than getting it done by a local firm and also unsure of the quality. The top private firms that do this take a huge amount of pride in their work

Kakatus10

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Poverty Spec Taycan 4S 21'
Country flag

TIA
Every market is different. Local shops in Scottsdale AZ (richer part of town) do a full front for about 2400. Some normal parts of Phoenix AZ do a full front for about 2k. Head north 75 miles, and they will do a full front with some of the best work for 1800, just depends the market and cost of living in the area.

For reference, I got mine done at the dealer for 2700 including tax and full tint (about 500 for tint). It was cheaper to do that and drive it back than to ship it since I bought my car out of state and I didn't want to drive it without protection.

farazkhu2

First Name
Fa Fa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 750i, Taycan
Country flag

TIA

Do make sure that they are not offering partial hood, that would look bad, you can see the PPF half way down on your hood, normally they offer 18 or 24inches on hood, unless they are covering entire front ( I think it is called front burial ). Also, price seems really high, you can get the full burial and quality film under 2k.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
I saw this yesterday for the first time. I think it is new.
UPDATE: it is new - wasn't there last week. I stand corrected.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
UPDATE: it is new - wasn't there last week. I stand corrected.
Indeed def there :) I've asked my SA to dig out a schematic of the coverage if he can (he's done really well with other similar requests) as I too am only interested in FULL front half coverage - I'd also want to have edges properly wrapped - typically OEM vehicles that say have the chip guard protection on the rear haunches are installed with the PPF cut edge exposed which looks crap tp me - have full edge cover on my current M4 and it is so much better looking ie. essentially invisible. The edge coverage would be a deciding factor for me in regards considering this factory option.

Reactions: TCT

smohr33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S -> Taycan CT4
Country flag
Indeed def there :) I've asked my SA to dig out a schematic of the coverage if he can (he's done really well with other similar requests) as I too am only interested in FULL front half coverage - I'd also want to have edges properly wrapped - typically OEM vehicles that say have the chip guard protection on the rear haunches are installed with the PPF cut edge exposed which looks crap tp me - have full edge cover on my current M4 and it is so much better looking ie. essentially invisible. The edge coverage would be a deciding factor for me in regards considering this factory option.
Factory PPF is precut templates, edges are not tucked. I've not seen photos, but this has been confirmed by 992 owners.

Evpower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2022, Bolt 2020
Country flag
Ask your dealer if they will fix a bad job. It may need some PPF removal and a redo. I would not trust the job. $2000 at my tint shop locally with expel 10. Also I will have the tint done at the same shop.
Sponsored

Last edited: