PSA: iPhone 12Pro Max - will it fit in the wireless charging cradle?

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
well I don't yet have the actual phone, but the case for the phone arrived today - and from my testing in the car with the empty case - it does indeed fit, but there is not a lot of wiggle room - it will remain to be seen if the given the front to back "fit" if the phone will be properly positioned to actually charge - I'll have to wait for the actual phone to test that - but the wireless charging cradle is in fact big enough (length & height) to "fit" the phone based on testing with an empty Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max case…

I'll update this thread when I have the actual phone - shipping estimate is early December - so sometime after thanks giving…

I'll welcome an update from anyone who gets it sooner

I'm prepping for the eventual software update with wireless CarPlay - wireless charging + wireless CarPlay is pretty good combo in my opinion.
Sponsored

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
here is a picture of the case in the wireless cradle…

Porsche Taycan PSA: iPhone 12Pro Max - will it fit in the wireless charging cradle? iphone 12 Pro Max in Taycan Wireless Cradle

Wendal

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Taycan 4s
Country flag
Looks good! I was too debating to get the pro max, or if it was too big then just get the pro. Thanks for the help!

Im going for the pro max!

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
it's clear that it "fits" - I'm still concerned about the wireless charging alignment and if the phone will actually charge the phone - if anyone has data/testing results they can share I'm very very interested to hear…

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
well I don't yet have the actual phone, but the case for the phone arrived today - and from my testing in the car with the empty case - it does indeed fit, but there is not a lot of wiggle room - it will remain to be seen if the given the front to back "fit" if the phone will be properly positioned to actually charge - I'll have to wait for the actual phone to test that - but the wireless charging cradle is in fact big enough (length & height) to "fit" the phone based on testing with an empty Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max case…

I'll update this thread when I have the actual phone - shipping estimate is early December - so sometime after thanks giving…

I'm prepping for the eventual software update with wireless CarPlay - wireless charging + wireless CarPlay is pretty good combo in my opinion.
Promising news. I get my iPhone 12 Pro Max Friday (jumped on the pre-order right away). Unfortunately car not coming until April to test fit and ability to charge. Keep us posted please!

SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Hyundai Kona EV, Ducati SFV4S
Country flag
Now if only we had wireless WiFi connect we would be set!! Will the phone with the cable connected fit also?

Kevin2dx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 McLaren 720S
Country flag

The iPhone 12 Pro Max does indeed charge. I also tested with the phone placed in all scenarios, (i.e. middle area, all the way to the right edge, all the way to the left edge. ) It maintained :like:

miglio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s - Cayenne Coupe Hybrid - Carrera S 992
Country flag
it's clear that it "fits" - I'm still concerned about the wireless charging alignment and if the phone will actually charge the phone - if anyone has data/testing results they can share I'm very very interested to hear…
i think for this no problem because one thing is MagSafe accessories and charger, one thing is the conduction wireless recharging that fits and work in every position and with every old wireless charger

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
thank you all for this real world testing results!!!

Migpiedra

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I just brought home a 2020 Taycan 4s. And tried to slip my iPhone 12 pro max into the wireless charging sleeve. Is there a trick to getting it to charge? I tried the phone in several different positions and can’t get it to start charging.