tks79

First Name
Toni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I've now driven (used 2020 model)Taycan for 2 weeks which has PSCB (Porsche Surface Coated Brakes, the white ones). The system activates physical brakes about once a day, normally first drive and then I can hear kind of scratching sound from the brakes. This stops as soon as system starts to use regen system as brakes, which is almost all the time. I asked about this sound from local Porsche dealer and they said that yes, this sound is normal. So can I just trust this information and rely that brakes won't get ruined during time?
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I've now driven (used 2020 model)Taycan for 2 weeks which has PSCB (Porsche Surface Coated Brakes, the white ones). The system activates physical brakes about once a day, normally first drive and then I can hear kind of scratching sound from the brakes. This stops as soon as system starts to use regen system as brakes, which is almost all the time. I asked about this sound from local Porsche dealer and they said that yes, this sound is normal. So can I just trust this information and rely that brakes won't get ruined during time?
Probably normal since you've asked the 'experts' if not then could be grit on the rotors / pads.

OP
OP

tks79

First Name
Toni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Has anyone else noticed that kind of sound?

Probably normal since you've asked the 'experts' if not then could be grit on the rotors / pads.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Whether is squealing or scratching, you will likely encounter some noise on the brakes over time. Doesn’t really matter which brakes you get. The good news is that they rarely make noise over an extended period of time.

OP
OP

tks79

First Name
Toni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yep, true. I've had two other Porsches previously and I'm familiar with the squealing sound. But this is different kind of sound and that's why I'm curious. Whole PSCB system is amazing invention, but there's not much experience, or I can't just find it.

Whether is squealing or scratching, you will likely encounter some noise on the brakes over time. Doesn’t really matter which brakes you get. The good news is that they rarely make noise over an extended period of time.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
How do your discs look?
Do they have a glossy polished even surface? If so then all should be well.

If you have grit or anything stuck on the pads you should see an imperfection on the discs as well. You might need to have the car on a ramp or lift to check the inside surfaces.

Normally the brakes do not give any sounds except a squeal when coming to a full stop.

OP
OP

tks79

First Name
Toni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Brake discs looks good, no any special marks etc. nice polished / shine look. Obviously discs in the rear look more shinier, but almost the same. Could it be just lack of use?
Sponsored