PSCB Brake Order Delay

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
My build just got pushed from November build until January build because PSCB brakes are on a stop order thru December. I wasn't told why but the first orders with PSCB brakes aren't allowed until January 2021 builds.

Anyone else running into this as it will be the difference between getting a Mission E wheel or not for builds in November and December. I believe this is a worldwide issue.
Sponsored

rparsons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volco XC90 Inscription Pro, 4S Build Slot reserved
Country flag
My build just got pushed from November build until January build because PSCB brakes are on a stop order thru December. I wasn't told why but the first orders with PSCB brakes aren't allowed until January 2021 builds.

Anyone else running into this as it will be the difference between getting a Mission E wheel or not for builds in November and December. I believe this is a worldwide issue.
Hi Robert,

Yes the PSCB brakes have been removed from the UK configurator - dealer hasn't yet replied to me to tell me why, so my deposit will sit in limbo until the problem resolves. By which time I'll know whether they want another 10% for the pleasure of Brexit trade tariffs - in which case I'll then have to decide quite how much I want one!

OP
OP
rquinton

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
Hi Robert,

Yes the PSCB brakes have been removed from the UK configurator - dealer hasn't yet replied to me to tell me why, so my deposit will sit in limbo until the problem resolves. By which time I'll know whether they want another 10% for the pleasure of Brexit trade tariffs - in which case I'll then have to decide quite how much I want one!
Sad to hear that Brexit might be a reason not to get a vehicle. I couldn't get clarity as to why other than it isn't available for Nov/Dec. Porsche should have allowed the regular brake choice until they could fill orders with the PSCB as we don't use much of the brake with regen in place. I hope you order and get it before Brexit charges the premium.

Fuzzy80

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SQ5
Country flag
Hi Robert,

I’m in the same situation as you. I also couldn’t justify an extra 10K for no good reason, which is unfortunate as this car is something special.

I do think both economies will want a deal, so I am hopeful.

My other option is the 21 inch Taycan and blades painted black. This plus some extra toys inside to make up for the disappointment.

However, I know I would get envy whenever I see Mission E wheels.

SYN_Skydance

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s and MG ZS EV
Country flag
My 4s build (not locked in yet) had mission E wheels with the white callipers. It isn’t due until March, so hopefully they maybe available by then.

As for the 10% increase, that Brexit may bring. If this does happen I hope Porsche don’t pass on the full 10% onto their customers!!! Porsche may get charged an extra 10% on the price of imported cars but that doesn’t mean that they need to add 10% to the forecourt price, as this would mean Porsche would be adding 10% onto their profit margins.

I would probably think that if it’s a hard Brexit we may see an extra £6~7k on the purchase price on a 4s. Still hoping this doesn’t happen.

robborover

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4s & Cayenne S
Country flag
My 4s build (not locked in yet) had mission E wheels with the white callipers. It isn’t due until March, so hopefully they maybe available by then.

As for the 10% increase, that Brexit may bring. If this does happen I hope Porsche don’t pass on the full 10% onto their customers!!! Porsche may get charged an extra 10% on the price of imported cars but that doesn’t mean that they need to add 10% to the forecourt price, as this would mean Porsche would be adding 10% onto their profit margins.

I would probably think that if it’s a hard Brexit we may see an extra £6~7k on the purchase price on a 4s. Still hoping this doesn’t happen.
Some of use (me included) had to sign an agreement to increase to get an order accepted.

Fuzzy80

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SQ5
Country flag
Some of use (me included) had to sign an agreement to increase to get an order accepted.
I did too, although I have been given an assurance in writing if it happens that they would not hold me to.

It was based on a very standard spec with nothing unusual so felt they would be able to sell it quite easy.

Unfortunately I think I might end up swallowing it, but not without the mission e wheels :)

Fuzzy80

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SQ5
Country flag
Mine is due in Jan not (but should be in the country before deadline) but I must be due that phone call any day now.

The issue with the wheels is a tough one.

As normally I would wait, but this adds a real complexity.

I can’t see a deal not being done, but it’s about a 10K gamble as opposed to just choosing 2nd best wheels.

Wife thinks I’m mad and not even a decision

SYN_Skydance

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s and MG ZS EV
Country flag
I wonder why my dealer (Nottingham Porsche) haven’t asked me to sign one? I signed a proposal form and paid a £5k deposit in October. Nothing mentioned about a possible 10% increase. I did ask about it a couple of weeks ago and I asked if he could get a Taycan 4s before March and he said that was the soonest he could get one???

robborover

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4s & Cayenne S
Country flag
I wonder why my dealer (Nottingham Porsche) haven’t asked me to sign one? I signed a proposal form and paid a £5k deposit in October. Nothing mentioned about a possible 10% increase. I did ask about it a couple of weeks ago and I asked if he could get a Taycan 4s before March and he said that was the soonest he could get one???
Good question! Mine is contract hire so may relate to that versus say cash purchase but either your pricing was different or got lucky?

legataycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 981 Boxster
Country flag
Oh dear. Stressed about my late November build with Mission Es now... I’ll contact my dealer tomorrow and ask what’s going on. How would I know if my build is locked yet? Is the build lock v200 or v250?

I can’t justify the 10% Brexit fee so this could represent my Taycan dreams being dashed

jonze

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Uber
Country flag

I guess this means you’re getting the smaller 6 piston calipers? That’s why I pulled them from my 2021 order. I wanted the 10s from the 2020 model.

OP
OP
rquinton

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Oh dear. Stressed about my late November build with Mission Es now... I’ll contact my dealer tomorrow and ask what’s going on. How would I know if my build is locked yet? Is the build lock v200 or v250?

I can’t justify the 10% Brexit fee so this could represent my Taycan dreams being dashed
My original lock was going to be 11/12 with a 11/20 fix date and 11/27 build date. Now everything starts 1/15 (build date). Look forward to hear your dealer’s response.

legataycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 981 Boxster
Country flag
My original lock was going to be 11/12 with a 11/20 fix date and 11/27 build date. Now everything starts 1/15 (build date). Look forward to hear your dealer’s response.
Last time I spoke to the dealer my fix and build dates were identical to your original ones, that doesn’t bode well for my order! I’ll let you know what they say tomorrow.
Sponsored