Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Wow, I assume these were the same price as the previous, much larger PSCBs?
I’m quite bitter inside about this! Only reason I justified the 21 emission/ brake combo was the 10 pot callipers. Gutted when I saw the downgrade, but too far in to change and still wanted the wheels. Very disappointing and even more annoying that the lack of these is causing a delay. Bolt on the 10 pots and deliver my car! !
Sponsored

LovinTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan and 2019 Mercedes S560V
Country flag
I am being told that the PSCB issue in the US is now until March. Is anyone hearing the same thing?

OP
OP
rquinton

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
I am being told that the PSCB issue in the US is now until March. Is anyone hearing the same thing?
I was told last week by my dealer that I should be fine with a January 15 production date. I sure hope it doesn't go longer as like most, I have been waiting forever.

Who told you March and are you locked into a production date yet?

LovinTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was told last week by my dealer that I should be fine with a January 15 production date. I sure hope it doesn't go longer as like most, I have been waiting forever.

My dealer told me that and the production date is for sometime in December, but right now my order has a code that is problematic because of the brakes so the date is not showing.

I just talked to him, and he is calling Atlanta now.

I will let you know what he says.

LovinTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

My dealer just called me, and got off a call with Atlanta. He said, yes, it is starting up again in January, but that there is an 8 week delay on all orders, so that is where he got the Feb/March date that he gave me.

I passed, not waiting 8 weeks. Right now my 21 is supposed to arrive in the beginning of February, and if I keep the brakes, it won't even be produced by then. I have the Aero wheels so you can't even see them. I guess I'll have to clean them more often. UGH.

OP
OP
rquinton

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
My dealer just called me, and got off a call with Atlanta. He said, yes, it is starting up again in January, but that there is an 8 week delay on all orders, so that is where he got the Feb/March date that he gave me.

I passed, not waiting 8 weeks. Right now my 21 is supposed to arrive in the beginning of February, and if I keep the brakes, it won't even be produced by then. I have the Aero wheels so you can't even see them. I guess I'll have to clean them more often. UGH.
My order was delayed (supposedly) 7 weeks with a in production date of 1/15/2021 and a delivery estimate of 3/5. This was to have been started 11/27 and delivered 2/20 as no 2021 model in the US can be delivered prior to January 1, 2021 (probably because of some US Government rule) as that is the official on sale date for US 2021 Taycans.

I can't just move on from the PSCB as I ordered Mission E wheels so unless I go back to the Red Calipers and Taycan Exclusive, I will have to wait. I already gave up my 11/27 in production date so i will wait to see if we lock on 1/15, if not, I don't know what I will do.

LovinTaycan- I don't see your wait being that much more than mine.

LovinTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My order was delayed (supposedly) 7 weeks with a in production date of 1/15/2021 and a delivery estimate of 3/5. This was to have been started 11/27 and delivered 2/20 as no 2021 model in the US can be delivered prior to January 1, 2021 (probably because of some US Government rule) as that is the official on sale date for US 2021 Taycans.

I can't just move on from the PSCB as I ordered Mission E wheels so unless I go back to the Red Calipers and Taycan Exclusive, I will have to wait. I already gave up my 11/27 in production date so i will wait to see if we lock on 1/15, if not, I don't know what I will do.

LovinTaycan- I don't see your wait being that much more than mine.
Is your 7 week delay now taking you a 1/15/2021 production date? If so, that puts you in the front of the line. My production date is in late December, so my 8 weeks puts my production date much later than yours.

OP
OP
rquinton

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Is your 7 week delay now taking you a 1/15/2021 production date? If so, that puts you in the front of the line. My production date is in late December, so my 8 weeks puts my production date much later than yours.
Yes from 11/27 to 1/15. Not sure at the front of any line when we don’t even know if they have PSCB in the bin to use in January.

LovinTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes from 11/27 to 1/15. Not sure at the front of any line when we don’t even know if they have PSCB in the bin to use in January.
Well, whatever line, real or imaginary, you are way ahead of me. :)

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
this is the current configurator showing:
Porsche Taycan PSCB Brake Order Delay image

this is it actually looking:

Porsche Taycan PSCB Brake Order Delay image

I can understand the disappointment.

Smithy37

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 991.2 C4 GTS. Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Couple of things on this thread got me musing.

If all cars specified with the PSCB are having production put back does this mean other cars without this option will have their production brought forward?

What is the main disappointment with the new model year 21 PSCB brakes? Is it just aesthetics?
If I’m honest I would take the performance, handling & battery economy benefits over aesthetics as long as there was no actual loss in braking performance.

Just my opinion though before you all savage me!

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Couple of things on this thread got me musing.

If all cars specified with the PSCB are having production put back does this mean other cars without this option will have their production brought forward?

What is the main disappointment with the new model year 21 PSCB brakes? Is it just aesthetics?
If I’m honest I would take the performance, handling & battery economy benefits over aesthetics as long as there was no actual loss in braking performance.

Just my opinion though before you all savage me!
I would agree with you, I just don’t see the issue, yes they look a bit smaller but still look cool. The standard steel brakes are just fine, the brakes discs and pads are just not used in general driving so there is little to no dust anyway

LovinTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I would agree with you, I just don’t see the issue, yes they look a bit smaller but still look cool. The standard steel brakes are just fine, the brakes discs and pads are just not used in general driving so there is little to no dust anyway
I hate to be uninformed here, but can you please explain to me why the discs and pads are not used in general driving?

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
I hate to be uninformed here, but can you please explain to me why the discs and pads are not used in general driving?
When you press the brake pedal it is actually starting regen rather than pressing the discs brakes and pads. The Taycan was produce 270kw of regen when braking versus 77kw on a Tesla model 3. Hence the brakes are rarely used. this regen function of the brake pedal is not Dependant on the regen switch selection. I think it produces something like 0.4g retardation before the brake pads start to do there work.
Sponsored