Juanted

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan 4S
Country flag
worth it? I have to lock down my build within a couple weeks. Switching back and forth between eMission wheels (which require PSCB) and RS Spyder Wheels, which obviously do not require it. Love eMission wheels, but, man that additional $3500 or $4400 bucks for PSCB just burns me. Thoughts?
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
on a car that according to Porsche will slow down 90% of the time using regeneration and their own factory service guide lines discuss swapping brake pads at a certain age of the pad - not wear…

I'd humbly suggest let the wheels be your guide - get the wheels you want and let the brakes follow…

Last edited:

Wakesurfer

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2023 YukonXL, 2024 Macan S
Country flag
on a car that according to Porsche will slow down 90% of the time using regeneration and they own service guide lines discuss swapping brake pads at a certain age of the pad - not wear…

I'd humbly suggest let the wheels be your guide - get the wheels you want and let the brakes follow…
Yes!!! It was a no brainer for me - I wanted the Mission E's and bit the bullet and would do it all over again. When I was vacillating back and forth my son says.....................Dad................adding the Mission E's/PSCB adds about 4% to the price of your car............why would you hold back on getting what you want? Smart kid!

OP
OP

Juanted

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes!!! It was a no brainer for me - I wanted the Mission E's and bit the bullet and would do it all over again. When I was vacillating back and forth my son says.....................Dad................adding the Mission E's/PSCB adds about 4% to the price of your car............why would you hold back on getting what you want? Smart kid!
Great point!

wurzitup

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
Mission E. Gotta do it.
Brakes are a nice added plus.
The wheels are the bomb.

PNWTaycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘91 Polar Silver 964, ‘20 Dolomite Silver Taycan 4S, ‘19 Gravity Blue Nero EV
Country flag
No brake dust to clean on a daily basis is worth it for me. I'll only spec this in the future.

npx

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
PSCB rotors are $6300 per set and there is no aftermarket alternative. It's likely they'll last a long time due to the reliance on regen, however after a certain number of years they have to be replaced per Porsche spec.

if you care about this, get the standard brakes. if you don't, get the PSCB. they're better than the standard brakes in every way except for some very minor squeal that occurs sometimes.

that's pretty much the answer.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
PSCB rotors are $6300 per set and there is no aftermarket alternative. It's likely they'll last a long time due to the reliance on regen, however after a certain number of years they have to be replaced per Porsche spec.

if you care about this, get the standard brakes. if you don't, get the PSCB. they're better than the standard brakes in every way except for some very minor squeal that occurs sometimes.

that's pretty much the answer.
‘In every respect’? What’s the difference in stopping difference between the PSCB and the standard brakes? What’s the weight saving difference?

There’s definitely an advantage from a (lack of) corrosion perspective, but in a vehicle where for 90% of the time, the physical discs are not used, it’s a lot to pay for clean wheels!

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
What’s the difference in stopping difference between the PSCB and the standard brakes? What’s the weight saving difference?
They will be heavier because they are bigger and in an emergency stop the standard brakes are capable of reaching the tyre grip so the braking will be the same for a single stop, how different they are for fade on a track day or going down a mountain pass I don't know but the big benefit is certainly cosmetic rather than performance.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
They will be heavier because they are bigger and in an emergency stop the standard brakes are capable of reaching the tyre grip so the braking will be the same for a single stop, how different they are for fade on a track day or going down a mountain pass I don't know but the big benefit is certainly cosmetic rather than performance.
Exactly. Hence the ‘in every respect’ is somewhat wide of the mark!

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No brake dust to clean on a daily basis is worth it for me. I'll only spec this in the future.
You used to clean your wheels on a daily basis?

A decent coating on the wheels means that a quick spray with a pressure washer on a weekly basis is normally sufficient to keep the wheels looking like new!
Sponsored

Last edited: