Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
With a week to go until lock I'm now thinking of going PTS - wondering if they can do satin paint or if they'll only do gloss and then I'd need a wrap for satin? I've only ever known a couple of body shops able to do satin paint, apparently it's a real pain in the neck to use (paint and satin laquer)

Would PTS cause delays in production?
Sponsored

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
No. PTS orders go down the line at specific times so a PTS order will take longer than non-PTS order.

Fsudoles

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
Lots of buzz from dealers that paint to sample is no longer available on future 2023 orders…although it’s still on the configurator. I was told this first hand at a South Florida Porsche dealership yesterday and a Google search yields lots of chatter on Rennlist, etc regarding this subject.

mcdermottm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB EQE SUV 350+, ‘23 Taycan RWD coming soon
Country flag
With a week to go until lock I'm now thinking of going PTS - wondering if they can do satin paint or if they'll only do gloss and then I'd need a wrap for satin? I've only ever known a couple of body shops able to do satin paint, apparently it's a real pain in the neck to use (paint and satin laquer)

Would PTS cause delays in production?
The easiest way to go satin is with satin PPF, which many people add, anyway - gloss or satin.

OP
OP
Dabz

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
The easiest way to go satin is with satin PPF, which many people add, anyway - gloss or satin.
I was hoping to avoid PTS plus satin wrap costs by just doing PTS. Sounds like it would either not be an option or cause delays though sadly

mcdermottm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was hoping to avoid PTS plus satin wrap costs by just doing PTS. Sounds like it would either not be an option or cause delays though sadly
PPF will be about 1/2 the price (in the US, anyway) of a PTS and no delays directly related to PTS, which doesn't offer satin.

mcdermottm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
XPEL Stealth seems to be the popular choice for satin PPF.

OP
OP
Dabz

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
PTS showing about 6.5k on the website and XPEL coming in about 6k so it’s close. Need to decide quickly to spec a base colour instead of Carmine

mcdermottm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
PTS showing about 6.5k on the website and XPEL coming in about 6k so it’s close. Need to decide quickly to spec a base colour instead of Carmine
Interesting... PTS is almost $12k in the US. About the same for PPF, though.

G5day

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 991.2 GTS 4 Conv, Macan Turbo
Country flag
I had looked at the PTS option, and told it’s not an available option for the foreseeable future, so be interested to hear if your dealer is able to confirm otherwise.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
No matter your paint color or finish, you should really plan to PPF at least the front clip of the Taycan.

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
Not sure where you’re looking, but when I was getting quotes it was around £4k for full car PPF.

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
Porsche does not offer matte from The factory due to durability.

Even if they did, I would avoid it. You can't correct matte paint which makes it very difficult to maintain.

As others have stated, it's best to do matte PPF. You get the look and critical protection needed. That's the right move.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
PTS wasn't available on the configurator last time I checked, and based on the above comments, it might not be available through this year.

I've looked at many Porsche colours and I don't think they do any satin or matte paints. It seems best achieved using vinyl.

And on that note, I spoke with a respected supercar detailer, who explained they no longer wrap cars either colours or satin, etc since it is difficult to maintain and quite quickly can look awful.

Their recommendation was an original paint, corrected and then PPFed.

You should stick with Carmine!

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Lots of buzz from dealers that paint to sample is no longer available on future 2023 orders…although it’s still on the configurator. I was told this first hand at a South Florida Porsche dealership yesterday and a Google search yields lots of chatter on Rennlist, etc regarding this subject.
If could be that as the see the car market correcting back down, they would rather customers reduce their wait times. Quicker turnaround, quicker the dealer gets profit, less likely customer changes their mind.
Sponsored