PTV+ versus rear wheel steering on a CT 4S

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
Given a choice of either torque vectoring or rear wheel steer, which do you think would be most beneficial to the way the Taycan drives. Or are neither really necessary:

I’m currently reviewing my spec, but trying to keep the price as low as possible!
Sponsored

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
Given a choice of either torque vectoring or rear wheel steer, which do you think would be most beneficial to the way the Taycan drives. Or are neither really necessary:

I’m currently reviewing my spec, but trying to keep the price as low as possible!
My sales rep. recommended the RWS as the way to go. Which is what I have on order.

OP
OP
Sidicks

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My sales rep. recommended the RWS as the way to go. Which is what I have on order.
thanks - did they explain why? It seems like they do similar things!

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
If you're only getting one it's RWS and not even close..

PTV+ is a subtle addition that you'll never actually miss. RWS makes every single low speed turn feel MUCH better AND is a really nice boost to sporty driving.

RWS is just essential on a car this big. It makes the car feel much smaller and more nimble.
PTV+ is sort of a frosting option. If you're pushing the car really hard, harder than 95% of people will, you can notice it but even then it's not a huge difference. In day to day driving/commuting it does nothing.

Artman

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
If you're only getting one it's RWS and not even close..

PTV+ is a subtle addition that you'll never actually miss. RWS makes every single low speed turn feel MUCH better AND is a really nice boost to sporty driving.

RWS is just essential on a car this big. It makes the car feel much smaller and more nimble.
PTV+ is sort of a frosting option. If you're pushing the car really hard, harder than 95% of people will, you can notice it but even then it's not a huge difference. In day to day driving/commuting it does nothing.
Oh great, there goes another $1.620.00.

Porsche Taycan PTV+ versus rear wheel steering on a CT 4S 1622491967804

Mylam

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DB11V12.
Country flag
RWS. Had it on an Audi - didn’t notice it - all hype in my humble opinion - mind you if you spend a bit more - buy two cars - one with RWS and one without you might be able to see the slight difference

Lansford

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag

What did you end up going with?

OP
OP
Sidicks

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What did you end up going with?
I’ve not finalised my spec yet, but as I’m ordering a GTS, PTV+ is standard, but I’ve added Rear Wheel Steering.

Lansford

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I’ve not finalised my spec yet, but as I’m ordering a GTS, PTV+ is standard, but I’ve added Rear Wheel Steering.
Congrats! I am still on the fence but most likely will opt for PTV+ mainly to avoid the "no regrets" feeling

R Benny Waered

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, Rapide S, Mc GT, ID.5
Country flag
I can actively see the rear of the car steer away from the wall along my drive. Imagine how much harder to achieve that is if you can only manipulate the front wheels to do it. Narrow drive and 2 m car in reverse - a godsend.

The car is BIG and long. Spec it and forget some overpriced trim colour swop or smooth leather if you have to in preference!
Sponsored