Public Charging Cable & Essential Purchases For New Taycan?

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
I got told by my dealer that the public charging cable is now included in the price, whereas before it was an option (and I couldn't find it when I updated my config from My22 to MY23).
Sponsored

ss782b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTS
Country flag
I got told by my dealer that the public charging cable is now included in the price, whereas before it was an option (and I couldn't find it when I updated my config from My22 to MY23).
In some markets the tyre sealant as well.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
bliss Aventus Inspired Creed Car Air Freshener for Men - Strong Aventus Car Diffuser with Real Essential Oil Aromatherapy - Car Perfume Scent Air Purifier https://amzn.eu/d/3n3Q0kl
I hope you have this dangling off the rearview mirror!

Why did u get the compressor out of interest? Did you not go for the monstrously over priced tyre goop/pump option?

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I hope you have this dangling off the rearview mirror!

Why did u get the compressor out of interest? Did you not go for the monstrously over priced tyre goop/pump option?
No.......the snide Aventus lives in the rear armrest Cup holder 👍

I didnt think about the flat tyre scenario till it was mentioned here - and realised I was ill equipped.

I think in other places they get a Compressor in the frunk? (I didn't) or get the tyre stuff? (I didn't).

So I bought both of them. That little Compressor and some tyre gunk someone recommended on here.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No.......the snide Aventus lives in the rear armrest Cup holder 👍

I didnt think about the flat tyre scenario till it was mentioned here - and realised I was ill equipped.

I think in other places they get a Compressor in the frunk? (I didn't) or get the tyre stuff? (I didn't).

So I bought both of them. That little Compressor and some tyre gunk someone recommended on here.
Its about £150 option for the pump/goop in UK. As u say it lives in the frunk. Then they try and replace it when u service car for about the same again i believe. Not sure why i bothered - think you made the right choice.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Its about £150 option for the pump/goop in UK. As u say it lives in the frunk. Then they try and replace it when u service car for about the same again i believe. Not sure why i bothered - think you made the right choice.
Someone on here said this stuff is really good - £9 on Amazon.
I should have added it to my original list on here ....

Holts LOYHT4YA Emergency Puncture Repair, 500ml https://amzn.eu/d/5odmmdQ

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Someone on here said this stuff is really good - £9 on Amazon.
I should have added it to my original list on here ....

Holts LOYHT4YA Emergency Puncture Repair, 500ml https://amzn.eu/d/5odmmdQ
Yes, it was probably my recommendation, albeit I’ve never tried it. It I have a can of that too and it will be first think I try if I get a flat!

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Both are now standard.
Folks.... How long is the Porsche standard public charging cable?

Also, is it single and three phase compatible (22kw)

There is no cable spec on the confuserator, now that it's standard equipment - cheers.

SixSigma

First Name
Emma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I've been using my partners EV cable for public charging (Tesco's free pod-point). Just realized that I'm only pulling max of 9.99Kw due to the cable. I didn't get a free cable with the car (MY21). He has hybrid, thus the cable with the Merc is just Phase 1 16 amps.

Question - if a buy a 22kw phase 3 cable, will I pull 22kw from those free pod-point 22kw chargers or did I need the AC 22kw upgrade option with the car?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I've been using my partners EV cable for public charging (Tesco's free pod-point). Just realized that I'm only pulling max of 9.99Kw due to the cable. I didn't get a free cable with the car (MY21). He has hybrid, thus the cable with the Merc is just Phase 1 16 amps.

Question - if a buy a 22kw phase 3 cable, will I pull 22kw from those free pod-point 22kw chargers or did I need the AC 22kw upgrade option with the car?
You need the 22kW AC onboard charger option in the car to take full advantage. In the absence of that you will get up to 11kW from the 22kW EVSE.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
If purchasing a 22kW 3-phase 400V 32 AMP AC Type 2 cable, I highly recommend the Mennekes brand. You can pick them up on ebay or direct from Tesla:

https://shop.tesla.com/en_ie/product/type-2-adapter---32a

They sell them at a good price and the cable is very well manufactured from the company that invented the European/EU Type 2 charging sockets.
Sponsored